The purpose of this role is to work closely with FutureLearn’s key partners in delivering a set of commercially successful qualifications, such as microcredentials, short courses and ExpertTracks that are built to high standards and in innovative ways, on the FutureLearn platform. The Partnership Manager (PM) will also be expected to provide consultancy support to partners, capitalising on our insights, marketing and product teams for support, in the advancement of their broader digital strategies for our higher education partners.
The core aim of the role is to ensure FutureLearn remains a trusted and effective partner in helping each university/organisation deliver marketable digitally formatted content to global audiences, delivered to a high standard, and in support of the wider digital transformation of the university. Additionally, a key focus is to ensure that partners and FutureLearn are achieving their strategic goals together.
You will be a critical member of the partnerships team, with a strong working knowledge of digital trends and developments in the UK higher education sector. You will work with senior managers and digital teams at higher education institutions to advise on the selection, promotion and delivery of ExpertTracks, microcredentials, short courses and other qualifications, either blended or fully online. You will collaborate with internal teams to deliver the full suite of products and services available too partners.You will also provide support to the wider activities of the Partnerships team.
- Understand the strategy and priorities of the key partners and build strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout partner organisations
- Develop a joint strategic/account plan to guide the relationships and provide focused goals.
- Manage and extend commercial relationships within FutureLearn’s highly valued accounts, enhancing performance of existing activity and identifying new opportunities. Retain and grow the partnerships to their maximum potential and achieve company financial targets.
- Understand the target audience for the Partners’ offering and develop strategies to meet the learners needs
- Be recognised as the Partner’s internal advocate, ensuring that the teams meet and exceed the Partner’s expectation
- Develop, present and discuss rich data and analysis to help identify programmes with high commercial potential for the university partner and FutureLearn
- Understand the potential of the FutureLearn platform and fully leverage its capabilities for the benefit of the partners
- Keep abreast of developments in the Higher Ed and / or Industry sectors in the global and UK region and become a trusted support for our university partners so that they better understand digital learning trends
- Monitor and support the implementation of significant programmes being delivered by university partners on FutureLearn.com
- Ensure that partners are aware of, and draw upon, the full range of services available from FutureLearn
- Ensure a high level of partner satisfaction
- Over five years of experience in building strong partnerships (account management / business development), preferably with universities, or equivalent organisations
- Experience of identifying and negotiating commercial transactions such as contract renewals
- The ability to discuss market insight with partners to support choices around course selection and promotion, drawing upon insight and expertise in the team
- A working knowledge of university VLE/LMS systems, student registration and assessment processes to engage in early discussions on using FutureLearn for academic programmes
- Self-motivated, organised and able to work under pressure to deliver against performance targets
- A passion for education and learning
- Experience with digital delivery of content in multiple formats
- Experience of presenting to groups to deliver key messages and handle questions effectively to senior academic stakeholders
- Naturally collaborative in a multi-disciplinary team, flexible to changes and specific direction, whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- Masters Degree in a relevant subject preferred
Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 7 years ago by the Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free access to Calm app
- Dedicated personal learning & development budget
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Perkbox discounts
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to come work with us. Don’t forget to include your salary expectations.
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.