Please register your interest to join us as Platform GP
We are looking for an innovative Primary Care Clinicians, focussed on delivery of high quality, effective clinical patient care across multiple partners. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a healthcare revolution, driving transformational change for patients, clinicians, and the wider primary care landscape.
The role will entail working remotely through the Push Doctor consulting platform. The doctor will be consulting with patients of partner NHS practices from different areas, using full clinician access to the host practice clinical system (EMIS or Systm1) via an NHS smartcard. The doctor will read and write into the NHS clinical record, using it to view relevant clinical details (e.g. results, documents, past consultations) and to communicate with the host practice admin team (e.g. to send a task, to make a referral, to request investigations etc.).
The doctor will be supported by the Push Doctor Medical and Operations teams. They will receive structured audit feedback on their consultation efficiency and quality, and on any incidents/events that occur whilst consulting, and that the Medical Team are made aware of. The doctor is expected to engage with the Push Doctor teams in any regular process of support, governance, peer review or other feedback that may evolve from time to time. The doctor will receive an annual appraisal and guidance for continuing personal and professional development that will compliment, but not replace the usual NHS appraisal process. As part of this the doctor will be expected to identify and agree areas for further learning and development in keeping with the pursuit of best practice.
The doctor will be expected to consult at an average rate that is considered standard for NHS primary care consultations. The sessions and number of planned consultations within will be agreed with the doctor and the operations team.
Key skills and past experience should include
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to patients’ presenting problems, whether self referred or referred from other health care workers.
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems.
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness.
- Maintaining clinical practice in line with current national and local disease management protocols (where relevant).
- Providing counselling and health education.
- Managing clinical investigation decisions and referring to other care providers as appropriate.
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards, that meets the GMCs Good Medical Practice guidance.
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions.
- Prescribing in accordance with relevant national and local best practice guidance, where appropriate, with clear documented justification for deviation from these guidelines.
- Strong consultation skills recognising the need to interact with patients, to identify and manage their ideas, concerns and expectations, and to consult in a way that shares decisions, empowers and coaches the patient and promotes best practice.
- In general the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care. This includes, but is not limited to completing contemporaneous records, appropriate sign posting and safety netting of a patient, sending tasks and referrals, and seeking appropriate advice for anything they are unsure about, whether this be clinical advice, operational and process advice or advice on IT/tech issues. The doctor will engage in a process of reflection where appropriate, they will consider their limitations and areas that need further development.
- Remote assessment and primary care management of patients.
- A commitment to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice
- Previous experience of working through a digital medium and assessing patients through a video consultation with evidence of appropriate safety netting.
- The ability to contribute to evaluation and audit, and clinical standard setting within the organisation
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team in a remote setting
Push Doctor are working in partnership with NHS practices across the country to provide video appointments with NHS GPs to patients. Our partnership approach empowers patients and the NHS to leverage the benefits of our digital solution and our technology fully integrates with NHS clinical systems to ensure a continuity of patient safety and care. Patients do not de-register from their practice and will remain with their trusted family GP.
Push Dr Values:
We are curious, caring and passionate. We have experienced healthcare ourselves and use research and insight to understand the aspects of healthcare we have yet to experience. Whenever empathy seems out of reach, we are proactive in bringing it into focus.
We carve the path for others to follow, setting industry standards and transforming healthcare for the better. We are anything but new to this and have so much to be proud of. Together, we are unstoppable.
Everything we do should add value to our service. We optimise and occasionally overhaul every aspect of the experience we provide, challenging expectations of what health can (and should) be. This isn’t something that happens overnight, so we need to be resilient and never lose faith.