You will be a skilled copywriter who can take course proposals from our course-creating partners and translate that content into compelling and action-driven copy. Your copy will help increase the visibility of our courses and help learners find the right course for them. Great copy gives learners confidence in their choice of course, and motivates them to enrol.
You will join a busy and growing Courses Team, in which your core task will be to help create our Course Description Pages (CDPs). These pages act as shop windows for courses. You will make sure that our CDPs attract the right learners to the right courses, and do so in a competitive market. You will ensure that all pages are optimised for search, helping to increase our rankings and drive conversions when a user lands on a page.
The role will include other opportunities to contribute copy to support the Courses Team, workload permitting.
You do not need deep knowledge of the EdTech sector, but a passion for learning is important. You will have excellent written English and editing skills, as well as a demonstrable understanding of SEO and e-commerce tactics and methods.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Create learner-facing copy with a key focus on our course description pages (CDPs)
- Turn academic content into compelling copy that will encourage learners to sign up for courses
- Manage your workload to ensure pages are well-written first time and CDPs can be published on time
- As an SEO-proficient copywriter, you will seek opportunities to develop processes that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our CDPs, with a dotted line into the Head of SEO within the Marketing team.
- Ensure output meets KPIs and use insights and page performance to continually optimise, with tools such as Google Analytics
- Maintain and implement robust in-house SEO processes and guidelines that help guide the research and writing of CDPs
- Take on other copywriting and editing duties as required to support the Courses team
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with an eye for detail and an understanding of the special requirements of e-commerce
- 3+ years of experience writing for e-commerce, preferably for global audiences
- A strong portfolio of SEO-oriented copywriting across multiple sites
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments with a customer focus
- Organisational and planning skills, ideally within a team
- Resilience, resourcefulness, and openness in the face of challenges and ambiguity
- Interest in education and learning methods and sectors
Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to up-skill, re-skill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the Internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 8 years ago by The Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner, wherever they are. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners anywhere and any time, from a mix of institutional and industry partners.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free access to Calm app
- Dedicated personal learning & development budget
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job', below.
You must attach your CV and include a cover note, outlining why you're a good fit for this job and why you’d like to work with us here at FutureLearn. Please include links to your portfolio or relevant published work.
You'll also need to answer an additional question related to the role.
Please contact email@example.com if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to support you through the recruitment process. Don't forget to let us know your salary expectations.
We can't wait to meet you!
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.