ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Data Analyst in the Data & Analytics Team. As an integral part of the team, you will be supporting this team in ensuring the accuracy and consistency of data and its impactful visualisation to inform business decisions across FutureLearn and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical acumen and the ability to work with large and diverse data sets in a cloud environment.
Specifically, your main objectives will be building up ready-to-use data sets, exploring and analysing them with scientific methods, inferring informative and meaningful insights from raw data, with an ability to significantly contribute to the work and the decision-making process of the teams around the company. Your focus will be on customer behaviour and engagement, ensuring we have a deep understanding of the complete online customer journey and their life-time value. In particular, you will focus on answering queries as well as setting up your own queries to expose patterns of activity for our courses and learners, which will help refine product creation, marketing activities and overall strategic direction of FutureLearn.
As part of FutureLearn you will be able to work within a stimulating, multidisciplinary, inclusive and diverse working environment that promotes collaboration, teamwork (AGILE framework), personal initiatives and career growth.
- Data wrangling of pre-processed data stored in our data warehouse
- Data exploration, analysis and visualisation and reporting
- Proactively identifying, understanding, interpreting underlying patterns and trends and communicating data-driven insights to all teams in FutureLearn
- Recommending and helping to implement improvements to data collection, storage, processing and governance to facilitate its analysis
- Interacting with key FutureLearn teams (Product, Content, Marketing, Finance) to elicit and standardise KPIs to facilitate and support their decision-making
- Creating and maintaining dashboards to facilitate standardised insight-sharing
- Helping to prioritise and respond to team requests for data and information according to the scope of the project (business, research, etc.)
- Degree educated in a quantitative field (Engineering, Math, Science, Computer Science, Economics or similar)
- Strong problem-solving ability and experience with using data analysis to identify patterns and trends and generate insights
- Good visualisation skills and experience with standard visualisation packages, ideally Looker, and LookML skills
- Experience with cloud based data warehousing, ideally Snowflake, and working with and analysing large data sets
- Commercially-minded with experience in developing and interpreting insights from raw data and translating findings into business relevant reports
- Experience with web analytics packages, especially Google Analytics (or willingness to learn)
- Strong SQL skills, experience with Python and R would be an advantage
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks, manage their own projects and allocate time according to business objectives
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free access to Calm app
- Dedicated personal learning & development budget
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 8 years ago by The Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner across the globe. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners.
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to come work with us.
Please note this role will be a remote role whilst FutureLearn's office is closed. Once the office is open again this role will be a full time, office based role.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
No recruitment agents please.
We value all the great benefits that diversity brings and encourage everyone to bring their whole self at work, regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.
Apply for this job