Cult Wines is on a mission to open up wine investment to the world. Historically a niche area for passionate amateurs, Cult Wines has been at the leading edge of transforming it into a mainstream global category.
We are on the cusp of dramatic, break-out growth and you will be a founding member of the core marketing department that will drive this. Starting with a full rebrand coming soon, we have huge ambitions that will not only completely transform the business, but the category as a whole.
We are looking for a data-driven CRM manager transform our approach to customer acquisition.
This is a new role at Cult Wines, as we look to kick the business on to our next level of growth. We generate tens of thousands of leads a year, but currently have little in place to nurture and convert them. We are looking for a superstar CRM manager to design a nurture programme from scratch, nuanced to meet the needs of the 6 different markets we are in, and evolving it over time through continuous testing to drive ever improving conversion.
This role reports directly into the Global Marketing Director and will have frequent exposure to the Executive Committee.
What the job involves
- We get tens of thousands of leads a year, but do almost nothing with them. Your job will be to build out a CRM programme from scratch to nurture and eventually convert some of these people.
- Work closely with our Sales teams to integrate the nurture programme with their processes for a seamless end to end process
- Working closely with our 6 markets around the world to ensure that your work is delivering against their local needs
- Owning the regular reporting of results, tracking key metrics, working closely with the Growth Marketing Manager and Sales Teams to provide a holistic view of our client acquisition efforts
- Setting up and owning an effective customer segmentation model
- You have c.7 years of building and running CRM campaigns
- You are a relentless and systematic experimenter, always on the hunt for that extra level of improvement
- You've strong analytical skills, and communicate complex data into clear narratives that can drive decisions
- Whilst being technically minded, you have a creative eye, always looking to craft comms that will really click with the customer
- (Desirable) Given the nature of the role, it would be preferable if you've some experience working across multiple geographies. It's also a bonus if you've got an interest in fine wine.