Do Nation is a small organisation aiming to have a big impact. We’re on a mission to help millions of people to take meaningful climate action, while helping them to form healthy, environmentally friendly habits, both at home and at work. We do this through an online platform where anyone can either make a pledge or run a campaign to raise pledges.
Over the last few years, demand for our services has increased rapidly, leading to a customer base ranging from innocent drinks to The EU; ustwo Games to Siemens Plc. Earlier this year we partnered with Count Us In, an ambitious global project aiming to encourage 1 billion people to take climate action by 2030, which is further fuelling demand for Do Nation.
This is an unusual opportunity to join a small founding team at an exciting stage of rapid but organic and customer-fuelled growth. We’re a certified B Corp with a fully remote team working across England, Scotland and France.
We currently have a Django codebase that has been built over 5+ years to include the functionality it does today.
We now have growing demand for the whitelabel versions of our platform, from a mixture of high profile corporates and non-profit organisations, often involving a collaborative development approach; delivering on these projects will be a key part of your role.
We have also identified several large areas of development to improve the core functionality and scalability of the site, with the ultimate goal of increasing the depth and scale of our impact, taking users on a journey from individual action to climate advocacy and leadership.
- Working directly with the founding Do Nation team to define features and the development roadmap
- Implement features using the existing stack and adopting new technologies as required
- Work well with other developers, product manager and client support teams
- Document code and processes
We are looking for someone with:
- 2+ years experience building and scaling production grade web applications
- Extensive experience of working in Django
- React, Typescript and GraphQL knowledge
- Curiosity about new technologies but pragmatic about getting things done.
- Comfortable operating in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience working successfully in a distributed team
- Excellent communication skills
- Last but not least - you must be interested in and excited by the challenges and opportunities of sustainable living - this is our lifeblood
About Do Nation:
Do Nation is all about encouraging healthy, environmentally friendly habits. We have developed an online platform where anyone can either make a pledge or run a campaign to raise pledges - pledges to do things like cycling to work, wasting less food, or using reusable coffee cups.
Since 2013 we have been running successful campaigns with organisations including innocent drinks, Pret a Manger, and Network Rail, helping them to encourage their employees to make pledges and save carbon, water, and waste.
We’re a small, nimble, and committed team, scattered across UK and France. We strongly believe in the potential of our unique model to create a wide scale, meaningful impact on one of the most important issues of our time, and we’re hungry to deliver on that.
As we emerge from Covid-19, demand for our services is soaring and we’re looking at a period of rapid growth. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established but nimble start-up as part of it’s core team.
While we are commercially focused, social impact is the fuel that drives us - and as such, we are proud to be a certified B Corp. We have an attractive employee benefits package, including training budgets, volunteering days, and slow travel policies.
- Start date: ASAP
- Hours: Fulltime
- Location: UK based, working remotely. Must have the right to work in the UK.
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
- Other benefits: 31 days holiday (+1 day for each year worked with us); slow travel holiday bonus; pension contribution; flexible work policy; annual training budget; 2 volunteer days / year; coaching; potential for equity through employee option scheme.
A note on diversity:
At Do Nation, we value diversity - of opinion, ethnicity, gender, religion, disability. and background amongst others. Given we’re all about engaging the population at large, it’s particularly important that our team understands and reflects the diversity of the population as far as is possible given our tiny size. We encourage applications from all corners of society, and are committed to building a culture of inclusion throughout the business.