We’re an award-winning enterprise software scale-up and we have high ambitions for growth. Being recognised as Scotland’s fastest growing tech company in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 awards in 2019, and again in 2020, shows that we are on the right track!
Back in 2013, our founders saw the potential of AI technology to help large and complex organisations plan and manage their people and projects with ease. This resulted in them building Dayshape in 2015, which is an intelligent planning platform that helps professional services organisations optimise their workforce.
Our team lives our values, and we're dedicated to making sure our friendly, inclusive environment grows with us.
Why we’re hiring
We've come a long way in a short time but there's still so much more we can do. We have grand ambitions to make Dayshape the most beautiful, scalable, flexible and rapid to deploy solution on the market, and we’re not there yet. That’s where you come in.
What you’ll do
- Help us transition from AngularJS to a new JS framework
- Code new features and enhancements
- Work as part of our engineering team to enhance scalability, performance, maintainability, configurability, and internationalisation
- Support our culture of learning, development and teamwork
- Be involved in the entire life-cycle of features, including idea creation, deployment, and longer term updates and enhancements
- Work on a wide variety of different challenges across the product and codebase
- Experience working with Vue.js
- Passionate about creating a product you can be proud of
- Able to demonstrate good knowledge of software development practices and principles
- Able to adapt in changing circumstances and ready to learn quickly
- Able to consider the broader impact of your design and coding decisions
- Interested in a range of technologies and quick to learn
- Great at breaking down big tasks into small chunks and solving tricky problems
- An excellent communicator, comfortable raising issues at any level
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working with agile development teams on large software products
- Experience working with AngularJS before
- Experience in helping the transition of web applications between JS frameworks
- Experience working with complex web interfaces with large DOM views
- Experience with the rest of our stack: .Net (+Core), RabbitMQ, SQL Server, and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience working in (or with) the Professional Services industry
What you’ll get
- At least £1,000 per year to spend on professional and personal development
- Every month we take time out of the working week for team socials: past events include hiking, family BBQs, and laser quest. Though we’re working remotely for now, we’re still having fun with online events, such as bake alongs, crafts, online games, and cocktail classes!
- 33 days holiday per year, 30 of which you can take whenever you like
- Access to wellbeing offerings, such as our Employee Assistance Programme and a dedicated counselling service
- Private healthcare and rewards through Vitality
- Income protection and death in service cover
- Weekly All Hands meeting for inspiration and over-communication
- Fresh fruit and healthy snack bars in the office
- NEST pension scheme
- Genuinely nice, smart people to work with, who are excited about growing our company
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week). We’ve been working remotely throughout the coronavirus pandemic, but normally we’re based in our CodeBase office in Edinburgh. We typically work from 09:00 - 17:30 from Monday to Friday, though we can be a little flexible around this, just let us know.
Join the team!
Equality of opportunity is more than just a responsibility: we believe it’s a huge advantage to welcome a variety of experiences and perspectives into the team. Diversity is a great asset and, as such, we strongly encourage applications from any background.
This is your opportunity to really influence how we get things done, and how we build Dayshape on a technical level. We're doing well, but there's lots more to do in order to maintain the high bar and pace that we've set.
Everyone here is growing personally as the company grows, so if that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to see your application.
How to apply
Please visit our website dayshape.com/careers/ to submit your application.