We are seeking an experienced product manager to join our team and own our ecommerce channel - pastaevangelists.com.
Pasta Evangelists is the authority on fresh pasta. We are a privately owned, multi-channel direct to consumer business disrupting the world of fresh pasta and sauces through an online DTC offer at pastaevangelists.com, "dark kitchens" across London providing cooked pastas through Deliveroo and UberEats, and a retail presence with Harrods, Marks & Spencer, Amazon and Ocado. We have grown 1000x in the past 3 years and are on an incredible growth trajectory.
Our recent acquisition by Barilla, an international world leader in Pasta and ready to use sauces, means we are financially secure and well positioned to continue and capitalise on our already exciting growth trajectory. It's exciting times and we look forward to welcoming new talent on board!
Your opportunity is to take full ownership of Pasta Evangelists.com to drive changes that delight consumers and deliver the right customer outcomes and the desired business impact.
We make it easy to enjoy fresh, authentic pasta at home. You will be the consumer advocate and care deeply about consumer experience and want to build a digital product that people love to use again and again.
You will be responsible for improving Conversion rate KPIs as well as positively influencing other cross-business metrics & KPIs (CAC, AOV, churn/retention, NPS, LTV, CS contact time/reasons for contact etc.).
How you will contribute
- You will be responsible for improving Conversion and Retention rates, positively influencing other cross-business metrics & KPIs (CAC, AOV, churn/retention, LTV, CS contact time/reasons for contact etc.).
- You’ll be talking to our customers and performing qualitative / quantitative research to deeply understand their needs and problems and building a world class customer experience
- You’ll work with the team to construct an impactful roadmap for Pasta Evangelists.com to drive conversion and customer retention, to drive the desired customers outcomes and business impact.
- You’ll work side by side with stakeholders across the team including, technology, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service and senior stakeholders to understand problems, find and deliver appropriate solutions, to make our ecommerce experience best-in-class. You’ll manage many different and competing priorities to deliver an effective roadmap for growth.
- You’ll identify and track the impact that your team’s work has for our customers and the business
- You are a customer obsessed, seasoned Product person (3-5 years+ product management experience) with experience of shipping products that customers love in a fast paced, high growth startup environment.
- You are someone who acts autonomously and wants to define your path to success – You’ll work with the team to create a vision of your own and be very experienced at getting senior stakeholders and the wider team aligned to your plans.
- You’ll be very experienced in driving improvement to conversion and retention rates by delivering the customer outcomes that will positively impact these KPIs.
- You will be very experienced in building real world, high volume, transactional consumer products and be passionate about delighting users.
- A proven track record of being able to deliver highly ambitious products. You’ll be ready to show what these are, and how you made it happen. You also need to demonstrate the ability to move metrics and reach your KPI goals.
- As the consumer advocate, you can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions)
- You’re analytical, data driven and know how to leverage this for product development. You are experienced in both being self sufficient with data using well known tools to measure website performance but also know what this should be in the future
- You are experienced in AB/Multivariate testing and tools required to facilitate testing your hypotheses for improvement.
- You are experienced in managing in house and remote development teams ensuring timely and quality delivery, that has the desired impact. You understand technology and how to build products well enough to be able to help your team move fast and prioritise tech debt and bugs versus building new features - and where it makes sense, you are able to make some changes yourself.
- You are comfortable ''working in the grey'' - as a growth startup, sometimes we're a little bit rough around the edges or don't yet have the right system, solution or process in place: you see this as an opportunity, and have a positive, solutions-focussed outlook. Where plan A fails, you've already thought about a plan B.
- You’ll have a bias for action and not be afraid to experiment in a calculated way.
- You’ll be obsessed with measuring the impact of what you do
- You’ll have high standards, and understand that moving fast doesn’t mean sacrificing quality
- You’ll think big and think differently, looking for ways to deliver for our customers in ways we don’t yet do and set our proposition - apart and stay there.
- You’re not afraid of learning skills you don’t know yet to unblock yourself and your team. You don’t stick to a “by the book” product manager definition. You simply get it done.
What we can offer
- This is a new and key role in the business. You will be one of the first hires in the new product team, where you can help shape the future of the direct to consumer experience.
- Define your path to success – we’re looking for someone who acts autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with the team to create a vision of your own, inspire and bring get stakeholders and the wide team aligned to our mission
- Regular interaction with the senior management and key stakeholders right across our small and very passionate team of pasta evangelists!
- Regular team virtual socials and, when can be back in the office, in person socials, pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ''il bel paese''...
- Pro-rated 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Competitive salary for the right candidate
Please apply with
- A copy of your CV, and linkedin profile
- A short cover letter (2 paragraphs) noting why you're the right person for this exciting new role in Pasta Evangelists, as well as the key successes in your career to date