We are on a mission to build the technology to power the best events in the world, connecting the most incredible suppliers with the most unique events. It is vital that our platform has the features to make us integral to both our customers and suppliers, this role has a huge part to play in this.
With an established product and engineering team, we’ve made huge strides forward, evolving from a simple catering agency to a holistic platform, but we’re still just at the beginning of our journey.
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Developer to help us build the next phase of our front-end. You will have a central role in our core project and can expect to be involved in the full product development lifecycle from prototyping and testing new ideas, building reusable elements into our design library and putting it all together to make beautiful and functional frontends.
We have recently taken steps towards modernising the oldest parts of our site. This includes rebuilding the stack with React, GraphQL, Typescript, Nexus and Prisma.
This role will report directly to our Lead Front-end Developer, whilst working closely with our CTO, Head of Product, and Head of Growth to ensure our technology is supporting and leading in everything we do. This person will be a technical and product evangelist within the wider team and will work to develop a best in class product and contribute to the technical strategy.
We use the following Tools and Technologies
- React, Next.js, GraphQL and Vercel for our front-end applications
- Node.js and Express for our API runtime and framework
- Postgres for our databases
- Sequelize for our ORM between our applications to our databases
- Docker for bundling up our applications and deploying them to the world
- AWS for our infrastructure, including S3, RDS, RedShift, CodePipeline, Elasticache, and ECS
We are passionate about changing the tech industry for the better, so if you are from an underrepresented background then we would particularly love to hear from you.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Have at least 4 years experience in professional software development
- Have great working knowledge of React and can write advanced code using the latest features (React hooks, Context API, Suspense).
- Are an effective communicator and the ability to discuss product and technical issues
- Have worked with Redux or similar in a professional workplace
- Have good knowledge of testing practices, and can test a module with unit tests efficiently
- Have written some end-to-end tests (e.g. cypress).
- Have helped mentor or guide more junior developers
Our offices are in London and at the moment we have no plans to return them. If and when the COVID situation evolves to a point where we are comfortable working from the office, we may ask you to join us there occasionally.
We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so if you are from an underrepresented background then we would particularly love to hear from you.
The role is fully remote but we do ask that candidates are based in the UK.