We’ve got an ambitious product vision that will see us building world class user experiences for our clients. Our platform offers powerful functionality and sophisticated, detailed insights but we plan to transform it to become smarter and easier to use. As a result, we’re looking for our first dedicated User Experience Researcher to join the team and strengthen, shape and formalise our research efforts to help us understand users’ needs better and build products they genuinely love.
In this role, you will work closely with Product Managers and Head of UX & Design to devise appropriate research strategies and initiatives to generate user insights, develop best practices and provide mentorship on quantitative and qualitative methodologies. As you will be our first ever dedicated UX researcher, you’ll be expected to advocate and evangelize the role and value of research to the broader business.
- Create and execute research plans across qualitative and quantitative user research, analyze findings and produce insights and actionable recommendations
- Coordinate and drive continuous research across multiple product teams
- Translate the business/product objectives into research plans and recognise the needs for research from each product teams’ objectives
- Lead the usability testing
- Communicate and articulate the value of UX and the rationale behind your research process and recommendations, bringing the team along on your journey
- Present your findings and insights to product teams, key stakeholders and broader business
- Understand our users and work cross-functionally to recruit the most suitable research candidate
You should apply for this role if you have the following experience:
- This is a senior role; min. 3 years experience in a similar position
- Proven understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, research tools and deliverables
- Knowledge of human factors, ethnography, user-centered design principles and process, understanding of iterative product development
- Prefer candidates with a degree in Human-Computer Interaction or Usability / User Experience / Psychology / Market Research
- Previous experience in a B2B environment and a good understanding of the Martech space
- Ideally, experience of setting up a UX Research function from scratch
- Experience of working with agile teams; ability to choose and tailor optimal research methods to continuously feed learnings into the product cycle
- Ability to manage multiple priorities on concurrent projects
- Friendly personality - so you fit right in. We care about our people and our culture and we hope you will too.
Qualities and skills we look for:
- Empathy. You’re passionate about understanding the customer/user and their needs, actively promote this knowledge and support your colleagues with it
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. You communicate clearly and effectively. You’re kind, tactful, diplomatic. You have experience building productive cross-functional relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You’re comfortable handling complex data and drawing most useful insights and are comfortable integrating product analytics into the insights.
- Critical thinking. You’re aware of bias and able to recognise and challenge assumptions (including your own)
Here’s why you should join us
We’re big on culture and strive to make Mention Me a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join us.
The serious stuff:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an additional day for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
The fun stuff:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders’ Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage everyone to take a lunch break, promote wellbeing with yoga classes, and are happy to discuss flexible working
- An amazing (although sadly currently closed) office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events. So far this year, we’ve had remote chocolate-tasting, pottery-making and poker nights, to name a few
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass
Who we are
Mention Me is a referral marketing platform that fuels business growth. Our world-class programmes have delivered more than 3 million referrals totalling £750M+ in revenue, and increased customer lifetime value for 400+ brands around the globe.
Founded as a bootstrapped two-man company in 2013, we now employ more than 70 specialists and work with brands like Farfetch, Ocado Zoom and Nutmeg. Our work has been celebrated by awards including Showcase Startup at Retail Week’s Buzz conference, Best Tech Startup at Drapers Digital Festival, and a Bronze Stevie for Customer Service Team of the Year.
In 2018, we raised $7 million in funding from Eight Roads Ventures to fuel our next phase of growth. Despite the challenges of this year, our strong foundations and sharp focus have meant we’ve continued to expand our business and achieve record results.
Diversity, equality and inclusion
At Mention Me, we’re striving to create a diverse workplace where everyone feels included and respected. We welcome all applications, particularly from those in underrepresented demographics. If you’d like to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Mention Me, please get in touch.