£30,000 - £60,000 with equity options (1% - 5%).
We’re on a mission to empower Community Builders with the tools they need to engage, grow and monetize their communities.
Currently, Community Builders use several tools to manage their communities, as a result, these communities are costly to run, make it virtually impossible to extract insights from, and result in missed monetization opportunities.
SyncUp is on a mission to change that!
Digital consolidation tools are becoming more important with the rise of the passion and creator economies. These new businesses are often community-driven and have very different workflows compared to traditional businesses.
Their needs aren’t being met. Which is where we come in.
SyncUp will be the ‘community stack’ for the community-driven generation.
We’re building a consolidated community management platform that will enable our customers to scale up their communities by improving their ability to generate more revenue.
As a CTO, your role will be to help shape the product and the engineering team. You will be responsible for leading, guiding and managing the whole engineering team in addition to being an individual contributor.
To achieve this, you must be comfortable with user-centred design, product planning, and software engineering (front and backend).
Here are some examples of what you will be doing:
- Leading a product team of frontend developers and backend developers
- Working closely with the CEO creating product roadmaps
- Creating detailed plans on how to execute against these roadmaps
- Guiding and mentoring the engineering team
- Working with the engineering team to rapidly build, test and deploy new product features
- Be a contributing software engineer
Skills and experience desired:
- Experience leading software engineering teams, creating product roadmaps, and managing the development of products (2+ years)
- Full stack software engineering experience across front and backend development frameworks (React, Golang) (3+ years)
- Built and deployed technology which is actively being used by customers (7+ years)
- We want someone that has excellent attention to detail when it comes to planning both when it comes to writing cards/tickets and estimating time it will take to complete them.
- The right person for us enjoys making things great and is excited to continuously improve the product
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and be able to adapt.
- Communication is key, we have 4 very talented developers who work remotely with us, we need someone who can communicate clearly and quickly with the team.
What do you get?
- The opportunity to join an experienced team of entrepreneurs and developers who have scaled a startup before
- Chance to join a startup poised for rapid growth whilst still getting a healthy amount of share options and salary
- The opportunity to be a leader within a disruptive startup
- The opportunity to take ownership and be a key voice in shaping the product now and in the future.
Who are we?
We are a group of community builders, entrepreneurs, and technologists who have successfully built and scaled startups.
We have launched and commercialised new challenger banks, healthtech devices, and transport products.
We are launching a new community management platform that will become a household name for community builders across the world.
Why should you join?
- You have the opportunity to join a startup with unicorn potential on Day 2
- A level of responsibility few organisations elsewhere can offer
- You will work with the latest technologies in growing the syncup community and be a key voice in the direction of the product early on.
- You will have an opportunity to lead and shape the tech team, interacting with high performers and like-minded people on a daily basis.
Why wouldn’t you join us?
- Want an easy ride where you can coast along - that’s not us.
- You will be making change happen, this does not happen by coasting. We are a team of do’ers and want someone who can get things done even if some of them are not the right things.
- You can’t get emotionally invested in building a powerful product.
- We’re in it to win, no matter how many times we have to try.
- You don’t believe in the power of communities
- You think success happens overnight
- You are not joining a wave, you are creating it. This will take time to achieve and requires perseverance.
- If you’re looking for something cool to add on your CV to say that you worked at a startup, then we’re not it.
- Are not a true team player - we deeply care and want to help each and everyone of our clients and people on a personal level. Join us because you recognise it's important to work together side-by-side to make change, not alone.
- Do not like to challenge - we are a growing company that looks to challenge each other to be better.
- You think you know everything and we have nothing to teach you.
- Don’t join us, we have nothing to teach you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can find out more about us at: https://syncup.to/