We are OSOME.CO.UK - an online service helping entrepreneurs to save their time and free their minds from weekly bookkeeping. The industry is changing and we are leading the change by gradually automating tedious elements of work. Do you want to become a part of our innovative community and be exposed to a wide range of tasks without straining your work-life balance?
If the answer is yes, then we will be very glad to see you on our team.
We are looking for an Accountant who is looking to manage a portfolio of clients from small and medium businesses.
Unlike traditional accounting practices, our accountants do fewer boring tasks because most of the routine work is done by our software. Hence the Accountant is focused on managing client compliances & deadlines, providing consultations to clients, and helping Assistant Accountant with Bookkeeping and accounting matters.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person, who is not afraid to take responsibility and who has excellent time management skills. As an Accountant, you will always be striving for self-improvement and you will develop your career at your own pace. In addition to that, we would like to work with a person who can maximize our customer acquisition and promote our products.
- Confidence in completing complex reconciliations.
- Past experience and knowledge in consolidated accounts and complex Group structure.
- Understanding of Intangible assets and their treatments.
- Advising client engagement teams on complex VAT matters.
- Competing CT-600 and Companies house accounts.
- Managing, preparing & reviewing CT-600 & Accounts for submission.
- Key role in managing relationships with UK tax authorities, HMRC, including responsibility for any inquiries.
- Handling client's matters from basic to final accounts on a regular basis. Meeting all compliance requirements and expectations.
- Training the team to become experienced and knowledgeable accountants.
- 5+ years in the finance-related role in Big 4 or an alternative
- ACCA qualified and certified.
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Great attention to detail
- You are good with numbers, math and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you will be communicating with clients a lot via our in-app chat and on the phone
- Desire to provide the best possible user experience and client care - you own your work so make it exceptional
- Desire to make processes better by experimenting, trying new things, and driving improvement across the organization.
- Working experience with cloud accounting software (Xero / QB) and with e-commerce clients is advantageous
- E-commerce accounting knowledge is beneficial
- Preferably, but not essential you have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Make an impact on the lives of thousands of business owners
- Remote work from home
- Experience the most exciting growth phase of a start-up first-hand – we are on an exponential growth path and providing each individual with an opportunity to change the way we do things
- Once a year performance review cycle
- 25 days’ holiday + public bank holidays
- Be part of the OSOME international team - in addition to London, we have offices in Singapore, Moscow, and Hong-Kong