Who we are
We are reinventing personal communication for the digital era.
TouchNote is a creative platform that lets people send custom-made cards, straight from their phone to those they love anywhere in the world. Our award-winning, easy to use app has helped people nurture their most meaningful relationships over 15 million times.
We are a team of passionate and creative individuals trying to make a difference. We’re proud to offer a highly collaborative, solution-focused environment that celebrates diversity and has been listed in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 and The Financial Times Future 100 UK.
About the role
You’re a real storyteller, adept at creating powerful brand experiences through written words and lots of creativity. You won’t be shy in presenting your ideas in front of others too! From digital media campaigns to emails to video scripts to employer brand manifestos (just to name a few!), you’ll get to do it all. You’ll be a key player in our Creative Studio team; a talented bunch who share your passion for making creative magic happen.
This role reports to our Creative Lead and closely collaborates with the Growth Team in the business.
To fulfil the role of our Copywriter, we need you to:
- Own and evolve our brand story across all channels (digital, outdoor, tv, radio and print ads, advertorials, blog posts, email newsletters and lifecycle emails, social media posts), maintaining a consistent voice and vision
- Lead as our brand copy guardian, providing constructive feedback on others’ work and educating stakeholders on the importance of tone of voice and brand consistency
- Own and evolve our editorial guidelines and facilitate internal tone of voice workshops
- Actively participate in and proactively think of ways to evolve TouchNote creatively
- Successfully communicate and present creative ideas and the strategic rationale behind them
- Collaborate and build rapport with stakeholders across a diverse range of departments from brief to execution
- 5+ years of focused experience in marketing, advertising or brand copywriting
- Excellent short-form and long-form writing skills
- Evidence of scriptwriting for branded content, TV and/or radio
- Solid grammar, editing and proofreading capabilities
- Willingness to push your craft, get your hands dirty and make great things happen
- Experience writing clear, coherent narratives for B2C audiences
- Ability to think strategically and conceptualize creatively
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Always Close - We pride ourselves on being a uniquely close team; we hire people who we genuinely enjoy spending time with and we take care of each other. Togetherness also means thoughtfulness: we are accountable to each other. It’s not about you, it’s about us winning as a team.
Own it - Understand and take responsibility for your part in our success; we tell you where to go, not how to get there. Getting it done, on time, is up to you.
Leaders are Learners - To be the best we can be, we accept that we do not have all of the answers. We must continuously learn, grow and develop. We expand in our roles.
Natural Creativity - We’re an innovative bunch building a world-class platform for creative communication. We take creative problem solving really seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously with it.
It's all about Integrity - Be yourself and do your best. We are all in this together; your voice matters, say what you think. If you disagree, speak up. If the decision goes the other way, commit and move on.
- Company laptop (Mac or PC - you choose!)
- Choice of wellbeing benefits which include Private Medical Insurance and/or a gym membership
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Friday drinks
- Team lunches
- Team socials every month
- Free TouchNote credits to use our product!
This role will report to our Creative Lead and sit within our fantastic Growth Team.
Due to COVID, our Old Street office is currently closed and the team is working remotely.