A bit about Wonderbly
Wonderbly is a unique, award winning startup that designs, sells, prints and ships super high quality personalised books for children. Our books are designed to instil a sense of boundless self-belief in the children that read them. In the past five years we’ve sold over six million books and we want to sell hundreds of millions more so we can influence the lives of the next generation to be more curious, kind and courageous than any that has come before.
Life as Head of CRM
This is a key role within the Wonderbly marketing team with an opportunity to make a real impact. We’re looking for a senior, commercially driven CRM manager who is an expert in email and is now ready to take the next step to begin owning, planning and delivering our CRM strategy, spanning all channels and customer touchpoints. You’ll inspire your email team and the rest of the business to deliver against repeat customer revenue targets. Key responsibilities are as follows:
Email is one of our top four revenue driving channels at Wonderbly. You’ll be a seasoned expert. You will be able to demonstrate a strong track record across the following:
- Managing a complex set of commercially focussed email campaigns, across numerous different audiences, countries and languages
- Knowledge of email/CRM platforms and the requirements to run a 4M+ database
- Balancing sender reputation, overall opt-ins reach & delivering growth in gross profit.
- Excellent project management skills
Strategic leadership. You will have the confidence to make important decisions and sell to both the Wonderbly Exec team and your own email team
- Striving for high double digit YOY growth rates, by spotting opportunities and having the energy and skill to prioritise the bigger wins
Beyond email: Repeat customer ownership
You will take responsibility for overall repeat customer performance. You will coordinate and chair the bi-monthly loyalty forum, working closely with our analyst and channel leads to provide a multi-channel view on repeat customer performance providing strategic insight on where we should focus for profitable growth. You’ll tenaciously own and deliver against repeat customer revenue and repeat rate targets.
You’ll spearhead CRM campaign monitoring and evaluation, you’ll prioritize resources and enable continuous improvement. You will be quick to investigate, diagnose and fix any issues that arise. You’ll adapt quickly to respond to threat/opportunity.
Customer led segmentation
You’ll be passionate about understanding our customer. You’ll define and lead our relevance strategy including segmentation, automation and personalisation. You’ll start with email and expand to multi-channel.
You’ll lead your CRM team of 3 to become best in class at delivering optimal email performance. You’ll embed a test & learn culture within the team and identify opportunities beyond email to expand the team’s skillset. You’ll motivate your CRM Manager and CRM Executives to produce their best work, champion the team’s success and support their development. You’ll ensure the team is set up for success instilling best practices, new processes and upskilling where required. You’ll shape your team’s targets and objectives and keep them focussed on top priorities.
Supplier management & relationship building
You’ll work in close partnership with our external suppliers and build relationships, in particular with our relationship marketing software service provider. You’ll shape and deliver a joint roadmap, challenge their product development plans and hold them to account when necessary ensuring we get the most out of their service and expertise.
You’ll champion the power of creative, working closely with our creative marketing team to produce high quality creative that resonates with different target segments. You’ll oversee the creation of compelling briefs and agree priorities with your team and the VP Marketing. You’ll also oversee regular feedback sessions with design to share what is/isn’t working and brainstorm new creative ideas.
Project proposal & delivery
You’ll propose, champion and drive forward new CRM initiatives in our weekly product forum. You’ll be adept at building business cases, making priority calls and working with cross functional teams to drive projects through from conception to delivery. You’ll be comfortable with technical jargon and be able to liaise with engineers to get project requirements scoped and developed.
Knowledge & passion
You’ll be passionate about CRM, monitor industry trends, identify emerging opportunities relevant to Wonderbly’s business goals and communicate to the wider team. You’ll attend industry events to stay on the cutting edge of CRM and e-commerce developments and network with other CRM practitioners to share learnings.
- Team management & cross department collaboration experience a must
- Extensive experience of delivering results driven email marketing campaigns within ecommerce businesses
- Must evidence experience working with data and segmentation
- Must evidence experience of devising and driving automated campaigns
- Evidence of effective A/B testing
- Excellent time management and prioritisation is imperative. You must be able to juggle multiple campaigns/projects and adhere to strict timelines
- Evidence good understanding of the CRM industry, trends and technology advancements
- A self starter, using your initiative to get things done proactively
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to track key KPIs, spot, diagnose and recommend solutions to fix any issues or capitalise upon opportunities
- Comfortable creating and presenting slides on a frequent basis to senior stakeholders
- Good marketing technical skills & analytical platform use: e.g. Solid understanding of tracking, email templates, migrations to new ESP experience and Google Analytics use (or similar)
First and foremost you should join Wonderbly because of the work. We’re on a mission to inspire boundless self belief in every child, everywhere through our beautiful personalised books. We’ve sold six million books so far and we want to sell hundreds of millions more!
- Working at Wonderbly you’ll be surrounded by positive, self-motivated people inspired by this exciting mission. When things get back to normal, you’ll also get to work from our fun, light filled, colourful studio building in East London.
- We offer a range of additional benefits beyond the work that will make your time at Wonderbly even more fun.
- Each year you'll accrue a generous 28 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
- We have showers, secure bike parking facilities and are part of the Cycle To Work scheme
- We provide a matched pension contribution
- We have heaps of snacks, drinks, and comforts in our fully-stocked kitchen