LandTech is looking for a senior designer with at least 6 years of experience in UX/UI Product Design and someone who has experience with SaaS and managing a team of at least 2 members . . .
LandTech empowers property developers to build the places that communities need to thrive.
The UK is in the middle of a housing shortage and it’s too difficult for property developers to build the places we need. To keep up with demand, the property industry needs to keep evolving. LandTech is part of that evolution. We’re supercharging the whole development process by building technology for every stage of a property developer's journey towards unlocking land.
We started five years ago, with two co-founders who built a product to help understand the development potential of any piece of land – LandInsight. Fast forward to now, and that product is the industry standard for sight sourcing and assessment, and we’re a multi-million-pound business carving a path to international success.
At LandTech, we believe in understanding the preferences, passions and life purpose for all our people and meeting them there.
It’s an understanding that families and outside life are important.
That’s why we offer flexible hours, unlimited holiday, and a commitment to transition into a remote-first company by 2021, having listened to employee needs in our internal surveys.
It’s understanding that we are all multi-dimensional beings, and not just working ones.
That’s why we financially invest in both professional and personal development for all employees to help make that happen; from finally taking those driving lessons to booking that father-daughter art class they have always wanted to do. We’re just focused on being a great place to work, but we’re happy to have picked up some awards along the way:
- Winner of the UK Customer Experience - Employee Empowerment Awards 2020
- Winner at the UK Employee Experience Awards - Employee Engagement 2020
- Top 10 SaaS Companies to work for - Sales Confidence, 2018 & 2019
- Excellence in People Development - PropTech, 2018
- Fastest-growing Business - PropTech, 2018
The Product team at LandTech is a diverse mix of Designers and Product Managers who share some core values. We’re curious, we have a passion for deeply understanding our users’ needs and we’re determined to deliver high-quality user experiences.
We do a lot of research to figure out what matters to our users, determine which problems we want to solve and in what order. Once we’ve homed in on a problem we work collaboratively to design and test the solution, build it and launch. We’re growing quickly so there are always exciting new projects in the pipeline.
To design and test compelling, elegant solutions for LandInsight users and inspire other Product Designers to do likewise. This role will lead a team of Product Designers (three direct reports and likely to grow further). In the short term (2021) this role will also own both the UX and UI of solutions as part of their own work with a cross-functional team. As the Design team on LandInsight grows the role will focus on overseeing the work of the LandInsight Design team whilst coaching them, critiquing their work and creating a creative environment in which they will thrive. As we take our propositions internationally a big part of the challenge will be ensuring our solutions not only cater to similar user journeys in different markets but also all the localisation flows that entails.
The successful candidate will contribute to building out our new design system (owned by a separate Senior Designer) as we leverage our market-leading position in the UK to enter new segments and markets.
This role will report to the Interim Head of Product and will work closely with a range of stakeholders including the rest of the Product team as well as Customer Success and their own cross-functional team.
- Collaborate regularly using strong communication, documentation and facilitation skills. You'll work closely with Product Managers, Engineers and Writers to ensure your team is deeply involved throughout the design process.
- Line manage, coach and develop a team of three designers
- Advocate passionately for the user, ensuring the product we deliver is aligned to their needs, and tracks well against our principles
- Challenge yourself, and your teammates, to find the best possible design against complex requirements and our ever growing capabilities of servicing a global marketplace
- Elevating the user experience of our existing web application and building out the new version of our application
- Executing, and advocating for, polished, intuitive and accessible user experiences
- Delivering interface designs that balance simplicity, intuition & user value against the speed of execution. If perfect is the enemy of done, great design is about knowing what is enough.
- Mentoring and working with other designers in applying best practices throughout LandTech.
- Deeply understanding the customers you're designing for. Whether it's joining user research sessions, learning from previous insights, reading data reports or running your own lightweight research and analysis, you'll strive to understand the what, why and how of the problems you're solving for
- Creative confidence and feel at ease working at many levels of fidelity, whether wire-framing, making mockups or polished prototypes based on constraints of time, quality, and resources
- Well versed with the modern design stack (e.g. Figma), collaborating with others on a project, as well as contributing to, and effective use of, our maturing design system
- Good judgment when making trade-offs between experimental rigour and the need to deliver
- A minimum of 8 years working in the design and delivery of great software solutions.
- Ability to, both verbally and written, communicate design decisions in a way which are easy for others to follow, and able to respond or give actionable feedback
- Technical understanding of the technologies used to build and operate digital services
- Strong background in designing B2B SaaS solutions
- Minimum of 6 years working in UX/UI Product Design with at least 8 years of design experience
- Experience in line managing at least 2 UX/UI Product Designers
- Familiarity in solving complex problems using an iterative approach (design thinking process)
- Goal-centred mindset
- Ability to deliver constructive design feedback
- Experience in building or contributing to a design system
- Experience in organising and facilitating Design workshops
- Experience in organising and running user research projects to understand user behaviours and come up with UX improvements
- Familiarity with product & interaction analytics tools such us Mixpanel, Heap, Hotjar, Fullstory etc
Nice to have:
- Customer Focused - Advanced Level
- Creativity - Advanced Level
- Collaboration - Intermediate Level
- Communication - Advanced Level
- Growth Mindset - Advanced Level
- Initiative - Advanced Level
- Result & Quality Focused - Advanced Level
- Global Citizenship - Intermediate Level
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A LANDTECH’ER
- Open - We are honest, collaborative and trusting, rooted in humility and a respect for creativity, sensitivity and differences
- Empower - We actively enable personal and professional growth by providing opportunity, autonomy and support
- Home - We are welcoming, inclusive and nurturing, believing work is a place where people can feel comfortable, cared for and happy
These are our values. And we live them every day.
Want proof? Click Here
Do you share our values? Then join our journey.
- Equity options
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 3 days annual holiday for company trips/events
- Unlimited unpaid holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- £500 Professional Growth fund
- £500 Personal Growth fund
- Working from home fund for new starters
- Private Health Insurance with AXA
- Life Insurance up to 4 x your annual salary
- Day off on your Birthday
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Remote Working
- Summer Fridays
- Increased Pension
- 3 Year Anniversary Reward
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dog-friendly office
- Referral Bonus
- Focus on culture