Job Description: Product Manager, OPS
Making Pasta Evangelists.com the easiest way to enjoy beautiful, authentic, artisan pasta at home.
Reporting to: Head of Technology
Location: London, Remote
Pasta Evangelists is the authority on fresh pasta. We are a privately owned, multi-channel direct to consumer business disrupting the world of fresh pasta and sauces through an online DTC offer at pastaevangelists.com, "dark kitchens'' across London providing cooked pastas through Deliveroo and UberEats, and a retail presence with Harrods, Marks & Spencer, Amazon and Ocado. We have grown 1000x in the past 3 years and are on an incredible growth trajectory.
Our recent acquisition by Barilla, an international world leader in Pasta and ready to use sauces, means we are financially secure and well positioned to continue and capitalise on our already exciting growth trajectory. It's exciting times and we look forward to welcoming new talent on board!
Your opportunity is to take full ownership of the Operations technology from inventory management to order fulfillment and drive improvements that delight consumers and deliver the right customer outcomes and the desired business impact.
We make it easy to enjoy fresh, authentic pasta at home. You will care deeply about consumer experience and want to solve problems and build systems that delight users and make our customers come back again and again.
How you will contribute
- You will be responsible for improving Customer satisfaction (NPS), by improving inventory, management and fulfillment efficiency and customer experience as well as positively influencing other cross-business metrics & KPIs (CAC, AOV, churn/retention, NPS, LTV, CS contact time/reasons for contact etc.).
- You’ll be listening to customers and performing qualitative / quantitative research to deeply understand their needs and problems and build a fulfillment operation that delivers a world class customer experience
- You’ll work with the team to construct an impactful roadmap to drive the improvements that will improve customer satisfaction & retention and drive the desired customers outcomes and business impact.
- You’ll work side by side with stakeholders across the team including, technology, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service and senior stakeholders to understand problems, find and deliver appropriate solutions, to make our operation best-in-class. You’ll manage many different and competing priorities to deliver an effective roadmap for growth.
- You’ll identify and track the impact that your team’s work has for our customers and the business
- You are a customer obsessed, seasoned Product person (3-5 years+ product management experience) with experience of building systems that operate real world, high volume, transactional ecommerce, in a fast paced, high growth startup environment.
- You’ll have 2-3 years experience in online retail fulfillment operations end to end from online shop, pick, pack despatch and delivery. Preferably you’ll have experience working with Shopify, Order management / ERPs that manage the movement of goods end to end through the fulfillment process.
- You always look to automate processes and deliver automated solutions.
- You are experienced in managing in house and remote development teams ensuring timely and quality delivery, that has the desired impact.
- You understand technology and how to build products well enough to be able to help your team move fast and prioritise tech debt and bugs versus building new features - and where it makes sense, you’ll be prepared to roll your sleeves up, make some changes yourself to get the job done.
- You’ll know how to manage requests and support for operations and customer support teams, triaging issues and converting into actionable change, balancing short term fixes vs solutions, as well as knowing what shouldn’t be done.
- You’ll troubleshoot issues orders from different channels and assist to identify and execute various enhancements to the systems.
- You understand technology and how to build products well enough to be able to help your team move fast and prioritise tech debt and bugs versus building new features
- You are someone who acts autonomously and wants to define your path to success – You’ll work with the team to create a vision of your own and be very experienced at getting senior stakeholders and the wider team aligned to your plans.
- You’ll understand how to map your KPIs back to the customer problems that will impact them and deliver the required change.
- A proven track record of being able to deliver highly ambitious products. You’ll be ready to show what these are, and how you made it happen. You also need to demonstrate the ability to move metrics and reach your KPI goals.
- As a consumer advocate, you can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions.
- You’re analytical, data driven and know how to leverage this for product development. You are experienced in both being self sufficient with data but know how to get what you can’t.
- You are comfortable ''working in the grey'' - as a growth startup, sometimes we're a little bit rough around the edges or don't yet have the right system, solution or process in place: you see this as an opportunity, and have a positive, solutions-focussed outlook. Where plan A fails, you've already thought about a plan B.
- You’ll have a bias for action and not be afraid to experiment in a calculated way.
- You’ll be obsessed with measuring the impact of what you do
- You’ll have high standards, and understand that moving fast doesn’t mean sacrificing quality
- You’ll think big and think differently, looking for ways to deliver for our customers in ways we don’t yet do and set our proposition - apart and stay there.
- You’re not afraid of learning skills you don’t know yet to unblock yourself and your team. You don’t stick to a “by the book” definition. You simply get it done.
What we can offer
- This is a new and key role in the business. You will be one of the first hires in the new product team, where you can help shape the future of the direct to consumer experience.
- Regular interaction with the senior management and key stakeholders right across our small and very passionate team of pasta evangelists!
- Regular team virtual socials and, when can be back in the office, in person socials, pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ''il bel paese''...
- Prorated 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Competitive salary for the right candidate
Please apply with:
- A copy of your CV, and linkedin profile
- A short cover letter (2 paragraphs) noting why you're the right person for this exciting new role in Pasta Evangelists, as well as the key successes in your career to date