Work In Startups is the UK's number 1 platform for startup jobs. A site built by the startup community, for the startup community, we’ve grown from a humble launch in 2011 to becoming the largest dedicated tech startup job site in the country.
Acquired by Adzuna in 2018 (more about Adzuna below), we have some very exciting growth plans for 2021 and beyond and are looking to bring on an ambitious intern to join our world-class team and support our sales and operations.
The role (which is for a maximum of six months) will be broad - you’ll support and help grow our client base, help win business and partners, get more startup jobs on our site, and generally sit at the centre of our community. You’ll also be comfortable with revenue targets and will go above and beyond to try and break records!
Key responsibilities will include supporting the General Manager across a wide range of projects on the sales and daily customer success side. You’ll lead outreach to new prospective startup clients and partners and help us grow our revenue while managing our existing relationships and delighting our network! You’ll also ensure a continued world-class user experience for all current and prospective clients while assisting our users with support requests and being one of the first points of contact for inbound sales queries and user messages. There will also be a range of other tasks, projects and business priorities for you to get stuck into, across marketing, operations and product. Exactly what you’d expect in a startup role!
What’s in it for you?
Work In Startups (as part of Adzuna) is a growing scale-up, championing real change in the job market globally - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. We’re at a really pivotal time in our journey and it’s an exciting moment to join.
Like everyone here, you will act like an owner, be a team player and make a difference. It’s an opportunity to work with a smart team led by an experienced management and dedicated and passionate Founders. It’s not an easy feat, but our aim is to create a business of which we are all proud and an environment where you will love to be, where you can be yourself to do what you do best.
We don’t like to put people in boxes, but you’re likely to have or be able to demonstrate much of the below:
- An undergraduate degree (we don’t really mind the field), or strong A levels together with a year or two of post-school experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and fluent written and spoken English
- Ambitious and energetic who has the confidence speaking to a range of clients and partners and will enjoy building strong relationships
- An active interest in startups – some prior experience at a startup would be beneficial but not essential. If you’ve ever started your own website or have any extra language skills even better!
- A natural promoter, a great storyteller with a flair for creative writing with ideas to engage and inspire our audience. Any experience in negotiations are very welcome!
- Experience creating written content for a variety of social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and blogs (personally or professionally)
- You have a basic understanding of different marketing techniques and strategies e.g. content marketing, link building, social media marketing
- Good numerical skills - be able to analyse data and discuss it with your colleagues or clients
- The ability to learn quickly, be hands-on, entrepreneurial and thrive on getting stuck in across a range of projects
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package of c.£22k base salary (we’re proud to pay the London Living Wage - or National Living Wage if you’re based outside London - to all our interns) and Perks at Work.
- Wellbeing: We take the wellbeing of our employees seriously and have taken every step possible to protect the health and wellbeing of our people during COVID-19. Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health, access to free counselling and a programme of wellbeing activities and events. We have a flexible working policy and during COVID-19, for the foreseeable, no one is expected back in the office unless they choose to attend.
- Training: Through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: An environment that is thoughtfully designed to allow for work and play including (when we’re not restricted by COVID-19!) a roof terrace, bar and table tennis. We have a packed social calendar, Summer and Christmas global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Much of this is all done remotely at the moment of course - even during COVID-19 we are still managing to have a lot of fun 'together’ thanks to our great Social Committee.
About Adzuna (the parent company of Work In Startups!)
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 16 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla. We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
Our mission is to be the best place to start looking for a job. We search thousands of websites so you don't have to and bring together millions of ads so you can find every job, everywhere, via Adzuna. We provide smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, giving you the information you need to take control of your career.
Adzuna is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. We are proud to have created a culture where people are able to be themselves, an equal part of an amazing, diverse team, all sharing in this exciting journey. Everyone has the opportunity to develop their skills and grow.
If you’re qualified for the role and excited about what you’ve heard, please consider joining us.