Located in our London, Old Street office or remotely within the UK
Doddle believes in the power of lasting impressions. For us, that means creating a delivery and returns journey that builds loyalty between retailers, carriers and their customers.
Our white-labelled technology enables customers to collect & return their online shopping how and where suits them best. Efficient, fast and flexible for customers. Simple and cost-effective for retailers. And greener, and cleaner for all.
We work with some of the world’s best loved brands like Amazon, ASOS, Tesco and M&S to name a few. We’re headquartered in London and have recently expanded to North America, Australia and Japan.
We’re a company with ambitions to positively impact the online shopping experience of millions of consumers. And because the market we work in is constantly evolving, we encourage our people to do the same. To be curious. To challenge. To grow and develop. That’s the heart of the Doddle DNA.
About the role
Our Tech team is growing at Doddle and we are looking for a passionate Senior Developer to join us. Your previous experience will have ensured that you are results-oriented and milestones driven with a good eye for design and details to deliver well-considered technical solutions that are efficient, clean and well-tested.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Passionate (Developer & DevOps) advocate
- Deliver well considered, clean and efficient designs and code in various software languages, to modern code standards
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects. Perform maintenance programming and correction of any identified defects
- Make architectural decisions and design solutions to meet business requirements
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Work closely with the wider business and product teams
Our Tech Stack:
- AWS (later multi-cloud)
- Couchbase (NoSQL)
- Drone CI
A bit about you:
- Proven experience as a Developer, with a successful track record of designing and implementing quality software products
- Working on enterprise grade products – scalability, performance, security, testing
- Experience mentoring junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
- A strong understanding of SDLC
- Deep architectural experience, experience designing and building Microservices
- Experience in API development
- Experience in frameworks/systems Git, Kubernetes
- Experience with Agile & Scrum development methodologies
- Familiarity with both horizontal and vertical scaling in a cloud-native ecosystem
- Design, develop and implement unit and contract testing for existing code bases
- The ability to design, document and develop complex distributed software to satisfy design objectives
- The ability to prioritise your work, push back when necessary, communicate effectively and celebrate successes with the wider teams.
To apply, please send through your CV, with your Github username.
At Doddle we believe in employing a diverse workforce and recognise that an inclusive workplace is a key to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on the applicant’s experience and skills. We value what each of our unique employees has to offer our business.
We offer all of our team a competitive salary and a range of generous benefits. What’s more, we have an open attitude to agile working and you can expect a warm welcome into a friendly, vibrant team of professionals.