Housemates is a student-first, digital housing platform that believes securing student accommodation should be as smooth as booking a holiday. Each year $180billion is spent in the student housing sector, we are aiming to become the Shopify of student accommodation by providing operators with a toolbox of products for them to attract, convert and retain tenants.
We are currently seeking a passionate and eager Software Developer to assist in the development of the Housemates Web App and a number of other green-field projects. In return, we offer a rewarding, challenging environment, using bleeding-edge technology. As a part of the development team, you will receive guidance to improve your own abilities and opportunities to take ownership of tasks.
Some good stuff about us:
- Featured in The Times, The Irish Times, Property Investor Today, TechNation, PropertyWeek, The Manc and more.
- Featured as one of Manchester's best Tech Startups to work for 2021.
- Backed by well known investors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To assist in the build and delivery of all software requirements of Housemates.
- To work collaboratively with the Software Developer and independently to ensure both personal and team objectives are met.
- Proactively highlight opportunities for improvement in all technical areas.
- 2+ Years Experience in a commercial setting
- Laravel (or similar)
- MySQL (or similar)
Don't worry if you don't tick all of the boxes, this is just to give you an idea of the type of technology we like using.
- Node Js
- Firebase or other NOSQL Databases
- AWS Lambda/S3/EC2
- Next Js
- React Native
- Regular team activities
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Non-corporate atmosphere
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working
You'll be joining great company. Our house is made up of mates who have helped revolutionise multiple sectors for challenger brands such as Starling Bank and VibePay, along with those who have worked for established companies and governing bodies such as DEPT, Spareroom, the International Department of Trade and overseas student requirement specialists.
At Housemates, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where students can quickly relocate without the headache. If you have the same curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us and help students move smoothly, together.
Please send both cover letters and CV's when applying for this role.