We’re looking for a business development managers to join our growing charity partnerships team at Farewill.
We have some pretty big plans over the next few years, and this role is a unique opportunity to join our rapidly developing partnerships team and have a direct impact on Farewill’s success.
You main responsibilities will be to:
- build a strong pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against to meet our goals
- take ownership of the full sales cycle from generating leads, demonstrating our product, negotiation and partnering some of the most exciting charities in the UK
- build relationships with your prospects to understand their needs and pains
- ensure that every touchpoint with customers meets the highest standard
- guarantee a strong pipeline and accurate revenue forecasting
In the first 12 months you'll:
- get an in-depth knowledge of Farewill’s ecosystem, products and proposition
- have partnered with some amazing charities which will become Farewill’s advocate
- build and maintain a strong understanding of the charity and legacy landscape
- participate in the optimisation of our processes and strategies as we are always working towards improvement
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- amazing sales skills (prospecting, pitching, negotiating and closing)
- a track record of hitting and exceeding sales quota
- a knack of building long lasting relationship quickly
- the ability to tell compelling stories and engage an audience verbally and in writing
- experience selling to complex organisations in long sales cycle
- ability to grasp commercial structures and strategies to support the objectives of our company and our partners.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- knowledge and an interest in the charity sector
- prior experience of working for a startup is always a plus
- an interest and ability to improve processes
- a good eye for data and the lesson we can learn from it
- confidence in public speaking
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude is just as important as experience! Applications close on 14th April
This is an incredible opportunity to really contribute to the success of our business, plus you'll be surrounded and supported by brilliant individuals with experience in the legacy & charity fields as well as the startup world. You'll be challenged and expected to take initiatives and try new things, but also empowered to build processes and strategies.
What we offer in return:
- 40-45 base + OTE 70K and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
* Coronavirus update: Currently our lovely office in Haggerston is available if people want (and only if they want) to use it. Previously we had work from home Wednesdays and are looking to expand remote working options long term.
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world, with over £300 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Augmentum, Kindred Capital, and (in our Series B round that we closed mid-2020) Highland Europe.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: About Farewill, Life at Farewill, Are you worried about your will?