At LabGenius we’re building a platform to discover revolutionary medicines using machine learning. By combining traditional biology with cutting-edge technology, we want to radically improve the drug discovery process and produce more effective therapeutics for people worldwide.
Founded in 2012 by Dr James Field, we’ve been backed by leading investors from the US and Europe, including Atomico, Lux Capital, Obvious Ventures, Felicis Ventures, Kindred Capital, and Backed VC.
We are an international team who love learning and are curious about the world. We have exciting growth plans and are looking for a hands-on finance professional to join us on our mission!
If you’re looking to work in a dynamic environment, where high standards are celebrated, then this is the role for you. We're looking for someone pragmatic, conscientious, and organised to manage our day-to-day finance operations, ensuring that all the systems and processes involved in running the business are optimised.
As a self-starter, you’ll have the opportunity to take ownership of a variety of projects and finance functions. You will report to the Head of Finance and quickly become an integral addition to the team. The ideal candidate is someone who is looking to grow with the company as we scale, and has a big interest in finance, as the role will cover various parts of finance operations.
What you’ll do in this role.
- You will work on the company’s financial model, forecasts and annual budgets.
- You will track actual vs budget spending.
- You'll work on monthly and quarterly management accounts and provide ad-hoc financial analysis to aid short and long term decision making.
- You’ll contribute towards monthly and quarterly reports for investors.
- You will work on VAT returns, annual accounts and regulatory reporting.
- You will monitor cash flow and provide recommendations on liquidity management.
- You’ll devote time to the development and implementation of systems, policies and procedures to ensure efficient financial management as the company scales.
What we are looking for.
- You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum of 3 years PQE.
- You will have a previous experience in a venture-backed startup.
- You will have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- You'll have an excellent understanding of financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting methods.
- You'll be a major self-starter. You dive in, see what needs to be done and go for it.
- You are enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude. We are a friendly bunch, who enjoys spending time together.
Nice to haves.
- Familiarity with using Xero.
- Experience in venture capital investment rounds.
- Experience in executing share option grants.
- Familiarity with R&D tax claims.
- Experience in reviewing external contracts (suppliers, insurers, commercial partnerships).
How you enjoy working.
- You are a quick learner who enjoys discussing ideas and putting them into action.
- You seek out constructive criticism and know you are not your work.
- You are an inclusive team player who enjoys collaborating with people from different backgrounds.
- You are able to build strong working relationships across the company.
- You help your team seek out highly valuable work, prioritise it effectively, and create clarity for those around you.
- You want your work to be meaningful and to be part of a business dedicated to having a positive impact on humanity
What you’ll receive from us.
Aside from being part of our brilliant, purpose-driven team, you'll also enjoy:
- Flexible working arrangements: whether you’re a night owl or a morning lark, with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
- Easy access to on-site gym and climbing wall to break a sweat or indulge your inner monkey.
- Monthly 1-on-1 coaching from Sanctus: because we need to look after our minds as well as our bodies.
- Self-service study budget via Sunlight plus books, courses, and events; we encourage personal development in any form. Basically, we heart learning.
- Weekly team lunches from City Pantry: the perfect time to connect over kebabs, natter over nachos, or cackle over a curry.
- Cycle-To-Work scheme: to make your commute cheaper, healthier, and a whole lot greener!
- Share options: the opportunity to participate in the company’s EMI option scheme.
We believe that diversity makes for innovative, exceptional teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please make sure you include a solid cover letter that shows your enthusiasm for this role and LabGenius' work!
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Tuesday 6th April 2021.