Hello we’re Farewill!
Dealing with death — losing a parent, a parent, or a best friend — is the hardest thing most people ever go through. For too long, it’s been a dreary affair with top hats, paperwork, and bureaucracy.
We think it’s time for things to change.
At Farewill we build the best products in the world for dealing with death. Beautifully designed, easy to use, built for taking care of the people you love. And to help us achieve our ambitions We’re looking for a Marketing Lead or Product Marketing Lead to join our growing marketing team.
We started Farewill five years ago. Since then, we’ve grown to be the largest will writer in the UK, and launched new products for probate and funerals. We’re one of the fastest growing startups in the UK and in the last 12 months we’ve:
- Averaged an NPS of 82
- Hit 8,500 Trustpilot reviews at 4.9/5
- Grown from 50 to 125 people
- Grown revenue 800%
- Closed our £20m Series B
- Won major National Awards (Consumer Business of the Year, Economic Innovator of the Year, Employer of the Year to name a few)
- Featured in the Top 20 Companies to work for in London in 2020/2021
- Won 2020 Hottest Social Innovation @ The Europas!
- Raised over £350m for charity
About the role
This role is a unique opportunity to lead marketing for our funerals product whilst building the capability from the ground-up. You'll be responsible for communicating the value of our funerals product to customers, working on our #1 strategic priority and with the full support of our whole team to make this new role a success.
You'll go deep into the important and fascinating topic of death and end-of-life to understand our customers' needs, as well as our positioning in the broader Funerals market. In doing so, you'll develop fundamental insights to inform our product roadmap & play a central role in telling our product story to customers in marketing campaigns and on marketing pages.
In short, you'll play a critical role tackling our most important strategic priority on our mission to change the way the world deals with death.
In the next 12 months:
- You'll establish product marketing as a major strength for Farewill.
- You'll develop a deep understanding of customer needs, market segmentation & our positioning.
- You'll support product and marketing to hit our 2021 Funerals goals and set our 2022 goals.
- You'll establish an effective, repeatable go-to-market process for new products and features.
- You'll build incredible relationships with Product, Marketing, User Research, Insights & Data.
- You'll identify opportunities for PMM to make an impact outside of Funerals (e.g., Wills, Probate).
- Proven impact on product development & go-to-market strategy in online B2C companies.
- Hands-on experience scoping and delivering complex value proposition & feature research.
- Outstanding ability to build conviction in our product story across an organisation.
- Exceptional track record of empowering designers and writers to bring a product story to life.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Some experience writing copy and a keen eye for design.
- Led market sizing & segmentation projects from start to finish.
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
*Currently our lovely office in Haggerston is available if people want — and only if they want. Previously, we had work from home Wednesdays, however, our current plan is to move to a mix of office-based and remote working.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone.
To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves, bring their whole selves to work, and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible/remote working options. And, If you need any flexibility or adjustments in our interview process - to help set you up for success - then please let us know too.
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world, with over £300 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Augmentum, Kindred Capital, and (in our Series B round that we closed mid-2020) Highland Europe.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: About Farewill, Life at Farewill, Are you worried about your will?