Boutros Bear: Digital Therapeutics Company.
Boutros Bear is a Digital Therapeutics company, part of the new generation of patient-centric health care. Our focus is to improve the quality of life for people recovering from cancer, and to leverage our data to support future cancer research.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an early stage startup with secured funding. Working in a fast-paced and agile small team of like-minded colleagues you'll be able to demonstrate your abilities to the full and gain new skills as you do so. You’ll also be able to see your work produce a measurable positive impact on people’s lives.
We are looking for an experienced and flexible full stack developer to join our tech team. Like us, you will have a passion for creating great software and a desire to continually learn new skills.
As a full stack developer you will be working across our whole platform, from API development to website integration and assisting with the development of our mobile apps. Integration with third party applications and services will also be involved.
Working with the CTO and the rest of the development team you will be able to draw upon your broad base of experience to shine in this challenging but rewarding role and help to shape the direction of this greenfield development.
The role is primarily remote but there will be some meetups in our Cambridge office when required so you will need to be within reasonable travelling distance. After covid there may be the option to work from the office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with our other developers, assisting with developing our API and frontend
- Using your experience to input into architecture, processes and infrastructure
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Ensuring our services are fast, scalable, efficient and secure
- Best practice data handling
- Integration with wearable technologies and app development
- Effective communication and collaboration with the rest of the team
Skills and experience:
- Several years of professional experience in software development
- React native and app development would be advantageous
- Solid experience with RESTful/GraphQL APIs
- Strong SQL skills
- AWS experience would be a benefit
- Knowledge of git and related technologies
- CI/CD, automated testing and related technologies
- Good communication skills ( written and spoken english )
- A relevant STEM degree is preferred.
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday off
- Regular company socials
- Increasing holiday allowance with time served
- 1 paid leave day per year for volunteering
- Flexible yearly budget for personal, or professional, development
- Health and wellbeing incentives