Boutros Bear: Digital Therapeutics Company.
Boutros Bear is a Digital Therapeutics company, part of the new generation of patient-centric health care. Our focus is to improve the quality of life for people recovering from cancer, and to leverage our data to support future cancer research.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an early stage startup with secured funding. Working in a fast-paced and agile small team of like-minded colleagues you'll be able to demonstrate your abilities to the full and gain new skills as you do so. You’ll also be able to see your work produce a measurable positive impact on people’s lives.
We’ve proven our ideas, secured investment and now it’s time to build!
We are looking for an experienced frontend developer to join our tech team. You will be passionate about producing the highest quality customer experience on both websites and mobile applications.
Your primary responsibility will be the customer facing components of our cancer rehabilitation programme. This challenging, but rewarding, role will require a combination of strong technical ability and an appreciation of design and usability.
The role is primarily remote based but there will be some meetups in our Cambridge office when required so you will need to be within reasonable travelling distance. After covid there may be the option to work from the office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing our frontend website and app
- Translating designs into a consistent and user friendly interface
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Ensuring our website is accessible, performant and usable
- Integration with wearable technologies and app development on iPhone and Android
- Effective communication and collaboration with the rest of the team
Skills and experience:
- Several years of professional experience in software development
- User Experience skills
- Experience building responsive websites that are accessible and score highly in both tests and real world performance
- Experience with React native and app development
- Solid experience with integrating RESTful/GraphQL APIs
- Knowledge of git and related technologies
- CI/CD, automated testing and related technologies
- Strong awareness of UX
- Good communication skills ( written and spoken english )
- A STEM or other relevant degree is preferred
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday off
- Regular company socials
- Increasing holiday allowance with time served
- 1 paid leave day per year for volunteering
- Flexible yearly budget for personal, or professional, development
- Health and wellbeing incentives