Boutros Bear: Digital Therapeutics Company.
Boutros Bear is a Digital Therapeutics company, part of the new generation of patient-centric health care. Our focus is to improve the quality of life for people recovering from cancer, and to leverage our data to support future cancer research.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an early stage startup with secured funding. Working in a fast-paced and agile small team of like-minded colleagues you'll be able to demonstrate your abilities to the full and gain new skills as you do so. You’ll also be able to see your work produce a measurable positive impact on people’s lives.
We are looking for an experienced backend developer to join our tech team. Like us, you will have a passion for creating great software and a desire to continually learn new skills.
As senior backend developer you will play a pivotal role in the development of our healthcare platform with particular focus on our API and data.
Working closely with the CTO you will assist with determining the system architecture and provide key input in driving this greenfield development.
The role is primarily remote but there will be some meetups in our Cambridge office when required so you will need to be within reasonable travelling distance. After covid there may be the option to work from the office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Defining AWS architecture and assisting with deployment
- Making best use of cloud resources, including capacity planning and forecasting
- Developing our API and business logic and assisting with frontend integration
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Ensuring our services are fast, scalable, efficient and secure
- Ensuring our data is handled securely and in compliance with the law
- Effective communication and collaboration with the rest of the team
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Strong experience with AWS ( preferably including serverless )
- Experience with React would be beneficial
- Solid experience with implementing RESTful/GraphQL APIs
- CI/CD, automated testing and related technologies
- Knowledge of git and related technologies
- Strong SQL skills, DB modelling and experience with best practice data handling
- Familiarity with Linux
- Good communication skills ( written and spoken english )
- A relevant STEM degree is preferred
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday off
- Regular company socials
- Increasing holiday allowance with time served
- 1 paid leave day per year for volunteering
- Flexible yearly budget for personal, or professional, development
- Health and wellbeing incentives