5Mins is an exciting new EdTech platform in stealth mode looking to disrupt traditional employee learning and development. Seasoned founding team, behind one of Europe's largest HR Tech platforms called Perkbox.
We believe that learning is fundamentally broken - preventing employees, teams and organisations from harnessing their full potential. We want to reignite the passion and joy of learning helping employees and teams get better, happier and more successful in life and work every day.
Check out the video below to give you a feel for what we are building:
We’re looking for an outstanding full stack developer to join our team. The role works directly with the founders, and so offers a fantastic opportunity to learn how to start and grow a startup, with exposure to everything across the business.
The international team is distributed across London and Paris at the moment, but the position is remote – so open to great candidates from outside those geographies as well.
**What we believe in**
Most workplaces around the world are lacklustre, devoid of motivation and inspiration, leading to record levels of employee disengagement. Learning has become a checkbox exercise where people are learning to signal to their managers and not growing or benefitting from the true joy of learning.
We also believe that learning is accessible to the privileged few in larger companies and enterprises, leaving large numbers of the global workforce behind.
Our mission is to inspire each and every employee, manager and leader regardless of the size of their company to unlock their true potential by learning and growing every day, through bite-size content, gamification and personalized learning paths.
However, we take it a step further than the simple course-driven learning platform. We also help you with topics like company culture, self-improvement, mindset and wellbeing. To make sure you’re a well-rounded professional, and grow on all fronts.
**What you'll do**
- Work as a Full-Stack Engineer (React/React Native/NodeJS)
- Actively look for ways to improve the Front-end experience, Back-end logic, our architecture and codebase.
- Mentor and guide team members in technical knowledge with best coding practices.
- Come up with more amazing ways to keep users engaged and eager to improve themselves.
**Your hard skills and experience**
- 5+ years of professional experience with a combination of Front-end, Back-end, Full-stack experience
- Experience working for top-tier Startups or Blue Chip tech firms
- Strong React and React Native skills
- Experience developing modular user interfaces and familiarity with modern frameworks, tools and workflow.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Proven understanding of the full web technology stack.
- Experience with Machine Learning and AI a bonus
**Your soft skills and passions**
- Someone very motivated to make an impact to the world around you
- Someone who loves learning and growing and sharing it with those around you
- Enjoy the creative process, finding solutions to problems, and relish building products that delight customers.
- Passionate about software development and stay informed about the latest developments in the industry.
- Aspire to take a high degree of code, process, and delivery responsibility.
- Comfortable dealing with tight timelines in the face of ambiguity
- Enjoy experimenting, making rapid decisions and learning from failures
- You are open and honest and know when to push back and say NO
- You have a great work ethic and when you commit, you deliver
If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!