We’re an award-winning enterprise software scale-up and we have high ambitions for growth. Being recognised as Scotland’s fastest growing tech company in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 awards in 2019, and again in 2020, shows that we are on the right track!
Back in 2013, our founders saw the potential of AI technology to help large and complex organisations plan and manage their people and projects with ease. This resulted in them building Dayshape in 2015, which is an intelligent planning platform that helps professional services organisations optimise their workforce.
Our team lives our values, and we're dedicated to making sure our friendly, inclusive environment grows with us.
Why we’re hiring
We've come a long way in a short time but there's still so much more we can do. We have grand ambitions to make Dayshape the most beautiful, scalable, flexible and rapid to deploy solution on the market, and we’re not there yet. That’s where you come in.
What you’ll do
- Help us deliver through the entire lifecycle of features and product releases
- Analyse, code, test, and release new product features, enhancements, and improvements
- Support our product and engineering managers (and teams) in prioritisation, scoping of product features
- Collaborate across teams to improve our software development, quality, and release processes and practices
- Enhance product scalability, performance, maintainability, configurability, and internationalisation
- Provide expertise and input into our architecture, design, and technology decisions
- Support, mentor, and coach other members of the team
- Assist with technical, functional and design activities with our delivery team, product managers, and customers
- Champion our culture of learning, development, cross-company collaboration and teamwork
- Great at asking awkward questions, kindly
- Passionate about creating a product you can be proud of
- Motivated by learning new things and using those to make a positive difference
- Comfortable challenging and raising issues at any level.
- Knowledgeable about a range of technologies, and quick to learn others.
- Able to zero-in on bugs without looking at the code, based on your experience and intuition.
- An excellent, kind, and supportive communicator (who often finds yourself un-crossing wires between your colleagues).
- Able to consider the broader impact of your design and coding decisions and those of others
- Great at breaking down big tasks into small chunks, solving tricky problems and tackling risks
- Used to working with agile development teams on large software products
Bonus points if you have
- Worked with complex web interfaces with large DOM views
- Worked with .Net Core, RabbitMQ, SQL Server, and/or Microsoft Azure
- Worked in (or with) the Professional Services industry
- Worked on integrating enterprise systems with other products
- Experience in coordinating frequent / regular product releases
What you’ll get
- At least £1,000 per year to spend on professional and personal development
- Every month we take time out of the working week for team socials: past events include hiking, family BBQs, and laser quest. Though we’re working remotely for now, we’re still having fun with online events, such as bake alongs, crafts, online games, and cocktail classes!
- 33 days holiday per year, 30 of which you can take whenever you like
- Access to wellbeing offerings, such as our Employee Assistance Programme and a dedicated counselling service
- Private healthcare and rewards through Vitality
- Income protection and death in service cover
- Weekly All Hands meeting for inspiration and over-communication
- Fresh fruit and healthy snack bars in the office
- NEST pension scheme
- Genuinely nice, smart people to work with, who are excited about growing our company
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week). We’ve been working from home throughout the coronavirus pandemic, but normally we’re based in our CodeBase office in Edinburgh. We typically work from 09:00 - 17:30 from Monday to Friday, though we can be a little flexible around this, just let us know.
Join the team!
Equality of opportunity is more than just a responsibility: we believe it’s a huge advantage to welcome a variety of experiences and perspectives into the team. Diversity is a great asset and, as such, we strongly encourage applications from any background.
This is your opportunity to really influence how we get things done, and how we build Dayshape on a technical level. We're doing well, but there's lots more to do in order to maintain the high bar and pace that we've set.
Everyone here is growing personally as the company grows, so if that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to see your application.
How to apply
Please visit our website dayshape.com/careers/ to submit your application.