TravelTime are looking to create an active developer community. Developers play a big part in the business decision making unit when implementing the TravelTime API and we are looking for a tech-savvy DevRel to increase brand awareness of the TravelTime API.
Who we are
TravelTime is an API and set of plugins which enable users to search location data using minutes rather than miles. It's used on websites to search and filter location data or added as a data layer for GIS analytics.
TravelTime Search is our product targeted at companies that offer a location based search to their users, for example sites dedicated to finding a home, a new job, a hotel or nearby retail store.
Our Analytics offering helps business intelligence teams, which have a geographic element to their requirement, make better decisions with this data, such as areas within public services, office relocations, sales territories, and much more.
You can see our technology at work in our demo app here, or on a live client site here.
Who you are
You are a proactive selfstarter who is confident in speaking to all kinds of people, but specifically developers and in the public domain. As such, you will have an active social media presence within developer communities.
A smart, technically minded individual with an interest in API’s who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can pick things up quickly. You can hit the ground running and be comfortable managing your own workload.
In addition, you will have proven experience of:
- Creating brand developer evangelists.
- Using storytelling & content to build developer communities.
- Cultivating peer-to-peer conversations about APIs.
- Creating developer personas that achieve marketing & company wide goals.
- Identifying and engaging with developer influencers.
- Creating a developer relations marketing plan from scratch to fit company goals.
- Creating a positive developer experience across all channels and touchpoints.
- Briefing technical writers / content writers on blogs, code samples, user guides, documentation, SDKs, dashboards, libraries, changelogs, sandboxes, tutorials, customer portals, newsletters, email, social media and customer use cases.
- Competitor developer evaluation journey analysis.
- Measuring the success of developer relations programs through key results and metrics.
- Commercial experience working within; a dev relations team / developer / marketing / technical community management.
- Knowledge of developer trends, technologies, and channels, including, but not limited to; Github, Stack overflow, meetup, customer portals, blogs, tech press, documentation & developer forums.
- A natural confidence communicating with technical audiences and an ability to speak to developers in their language.
- A natural inquisition with a desire to fully understand something.
- Superb communication skills in both public speaking and writing, briefing, reviewing and editing content.
- Ability to manage projects and and team resources; stakeholders, designers, developers, technical writers, research agencies & more.
- Experience of creating personas via end-user interviews, target persona interviews and research.
- Knowledge of developer strategies & models such as the orbit and AAARRRP frameworks.
- Ability to use data analysis tools to validate hypothesis or inform future planning (we use Zoho dashboards, Google analytics and Hubspot but any experience in alternatives is also good).
It’s a bonus if:
- You’ve previously been a software developer.
- You have experience working in SME’s/Startups.
- You have built affiliate or partner programs.
The TravelTime Culture - where work/life balance gets more than lip-service.
- Flexitime - At TravelTime we strive to be an organisation who empower employees to be judged by their output, not their hours. We set and measure objectives, both individual and team based, which we believe creates better output than working to rigid leave patterns.
- People First - At TravelTime we focus on the People Agenda and are proud that our colleagues and managers support our staff to be the best that they can be with structured CPD’s and training budgets with Friday afternoons dedicated to personal development projects.
Other TravelTime benefits
- Share Options
- Gym membership/Self improvement budget.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Weekly wellbeing programme.
- Learning and development platform licences.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- An extra day off for your birthday, on us!
- Opportunity to work remotely with laptop and personal office equipment provided.
- We still have offices available, for staff who prefer to work away from home.
- Company-sponsored lunches, away days and celebrations with team gatherings in our Kaunas (Lithuania) office up to 3 times a year.
- Dynamic, fun, entrepreneurial work environment – we aren’t afraid of hard work, and we are passionate about what we do.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of our talented team, we would love to hear from you.