Cosmos Video - enabling human connection in the remote era
At Cosmos Video, we’re creating a virtual world for people to be together in, by combining game mechanics with video chat, to bring back serendipitous interactions when people can’t be together physically.
We want Cosmos to be for everyone - colleagues, friends, families and communities, irrespective of where you are in the world. We want to build the product with our users, and incorporate their feedback, so that we can build an experience which works for diverse groups, and doesn’t break.
We're a small and closely knit team, distributed across the world, and are motivated by solving hard problems, and bringing delightful experiences to our customers.
We're venture capital backed by some of Europe's leading investors - LocalGlobe (Citymapper, Transferwise, Improbable) and Entrepreneur First (Accurx, Magic Pony), and prominent angels such as Omid Ashtari, Phillip Moehring (partner Angellist), Andy Chung (partner Angellist), Roberta Lucca (co-founder, Bossa Studios), Sharmadean Reid MBE (founder Beautystack), and Sarah Wood (co-founder Unruly).
We're currently looking to hire across a few roles. We pay competitively and provide equity/stock options and a host of startup perks to all employees.
We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for enabling your fellow humans to connect, please do apply!
What we're looking for
We’re looking for a creative frontend engineer who can, alongside our existing frontend team, be the bridge between design and our customers. You’ll be taking great design work and from it, create virtual venues which our customers work, hang out, and socialise in.
We’re ideally looking for someone has previously built interactive components on web, and has a keen eye for design.
- Implementing visual elements that users see and interact with
- Be responsible for alignment of web design and optimization of web pages for a smooth user experience
- Work with designers, and PM's to figure out how new features and experiments can be built
- Have 3+ years experience as a full stack developer or frontend engineer
- Have proven experience working with frontend or full stack software development
- Have a strong passion for delivering outstanding user experiences, and an eye for design
These aren't strict requirements, if you have a keen interest in building games, or just love crazy problems and the stuff we do sounds appealing, give us a shout.
- Competitive salary
- Work equipment of your choice!
- Generous Pension Contribution
- Meaningful stock options
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Regular team dinners and socials
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? As part of your application, send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.