We are hiring for a Python Software Engineer position to join our team. This position suits a developer who holds a BSc in Software Engineering or Computer Science, with a minimum of 3-5 years of professional software engineering experience.
You will have good knowledge of software engineering best practices and be passionate about working within a high performing engineering team that promotes knowledge, sharing and development best practices.
The team uses Jira and GitHub and prior experience is extremely beneficial. As a Python Software Engineer, you will gain experience and training on AWS and ML.
- Python3, Pandas, Numpy
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Working in an Agile/SCRUM, CMMI, DSDM or similar development process environment.
- Atlassian tools stack: Jira / Confluence / Crucible / Bamboo
- Version control tools: Git (GitHub)
Good to have or willing to learn:
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- Building and working with API’s, Flask, Swagger
- AWS or other cloud environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a team player: contribute to our culture, invent new ways to address industry needs, criticize constructively, and help create a world class engineering organization.
- Support all aspects of the SDLC (requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment, support).
- Write automated tests via TDD to foster effective, reusable, and flexible code.
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Build RESTful APIs.
- Conduct timely code reviews.