Senior Product Manager - Maternity Cover
Job Title: Senior Product Manager
Location: Fulham, London (fully remote until Covid-19 rules are relaxed)
Contract: Full-time, 6 months maternity cover
Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London. Right now, we're seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our world class team helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Reporting into the Chief Product Officer you will play a key role in delivering an exciting roadmap of disruptive, category-defining job search related products to our audience of thousands of jobseekers.
This is for a fixed term maternity cover of a period of 6 months, with a possible option to move to a full time role beyond this.
In this role you will collaborate with our world-class engineers, data scientists and web marketers to define, scope, prioritise and deliver features across our entire product set including:
- Our job search engine which we operate across 16 countries with over 10 million monthly visitors
- Unique data-driven job-seeker tools such as ValueMyCV and Jobsworth
- Our email platform delivering millions of daily emails
- Mobile apps on both iOS and Android platforms
- Internal tools and services to drive efficiency and savings within the business
- Data services delivered to users on our website and via the Adzuna API to over 400 developers.
As well working independently on these products and services, you will also undertake data analyses, user testing, A/B testing, quality assurance and market research to help grow Adzuna’s user base to hundreds of millions of monthly users.
We offer an entrepreneurial working environment within an exciting high-growth business where you can make a huge difference. We also provide a competitive package including stock options and a jam-packed monthly social calendar all centred in a great West London location.
Specific responsibilities include
- Leading one of our cross-functional `tribes` to deliver projects from our innovative product roadmap to make Adzuna the best job search experience possible
- Driving user lifetime value ensuring jobseekers improvements translate into revenue for the business
- Building technical integrations with partners and clients particularly in the evolving job market programmatic space
- Working with the wider company to define projects, compile specs and manage communication to ensure stakeholders are well informed about your projects
- Analysing, documenting, prioritising and scheduling bugs and enhancements
- Carrying out qualitative analysis including usability studies, user testing and market research
- Performing quantitative analysis including defining and analysing key metrics, A/B testing and multivariate testing. Measuring what works!
- Communicating with users via surveys, helpdesk and other user research
- Upholding product consistency across multiple countries
- Helping to shape and iterate on designs for product features
- Researching competitors and industry best practice
We don't like to put people in boxes, but you're likely to be able to demonstrate much of the below:
- A university degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of Product Management experience
- Exceptional organizational, agile project management and analytical skills
- Passionate about applying a user centric approach to projects to deliver great experiences for our users
- An understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications and/or media products
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces – ability to create examples through wireframes and mockups
- Collaborative team player with persuasive communication and presentation skills
Useful extra skills and experience
- Experience developing search products, technologies and platforms
- Experience building and testing emails and email user journeys to drive user lifetime value
- Experience of building programmatic advertising products and services
- Experience of designing and implementing growth marketing strategies
- Experience with any of these areas is a bonus: web crawling, mobile app development, data visualisation, marketplaces, job market
- Experience building a roadmap of features
- Familiarity with Google platforms including Analytics, Adwords and Adsense
- Familiarity with our task management software - JIRA
- Foreign language skills (Adzuna operates in 16 countries)
- Experience working with remote teams
- Reward We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options, a contributory pension scheme and Perks at Work.
- Wellbeing: We take the wellbeing of our employees seriously and have taken every step possible to protect the health and wellbeing of our people during COVID-19. Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health, access to free counselling and a programme of wellbeing activities and events. We have a flexible working policy and during COVID-19, for the foreseeable, no one is expected back in the office unless they choose to attend. We also run regular wellbeing workshops, offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave because we welcome people with families, and 25 days paid holiday per year
- Training: Through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending (virtual) conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: An environment that is thoughtfully designed to allow for work and play including (when we’re not restricted by COVID-19) a roof terrace, bar and table tennis. We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Much of this is all done remotely at the moment of course - even during COVID-19 we are still managing to have a lot of fun ‘together’ thanks to our great Social Committee.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 16 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 16 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.