LUXSALE is our eCommerce business. The brand has now been trading as our luxury furniture outlet for just over a year, during which time the website has undergone rapid transformation, the team have identified better processes and operating efficiencies and driven significant sales volumes YTD. We’re now beginning to see results from the efforts of the past year. However, we believe that there is more opportunity to grow LUXSALE and we’re looking for a commercially minded entrepreneur to lead this part of our business.
If you're proactive, entrepreneurial, and looking for your next challenge, read on.
With product sold on our website as well as from our showroom, you’ll have experience working within a business that has fast-moving stock, both online and physically, and will already have best practices to implement based on this. You’ll quickly gain understanding of our client profile and use this to convert and drive new client acquisition through targeting marketing campaigns and online merchandising best practices. You'll lead LUXSALE as a new and exciting eCommerce brand, taking responsibility for all aspects of this start-up business, using the learnings and experience from within the Group and partnering with stakeholders from our core functions to help you achieve your goals.
If you've run your own business or been the no.2 in a larger organisation, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. While this role is primarily managing the eCommerce business, you'll need to build relationships with key stakeholders from core functions, and get their buy-in to support you in your goals. You'll be adaptable, able to change your focus and willing to act fast.
Key Skills Required
- Entrepreneurial attitude, with experience of running a similarly sized business at start-up/early stages (circa £3-5m)
- eCommerce experience
- A passion for luxury interiors products
- Experience of operating a business through solid P&L management
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical & problem-solving skills - with a strong focus on results
- Attention to detail – reporting, analytics
- Leadership skills: the ability to bring your team along with you
- Must have excellent organisational skills, being able to perform multiple tasks whilst managing own time effectively
- Ability to logically and systematically approach tasks and/or projects, to work under pressure and deliver within deadlines & budgets
- Can demonstrate high personal standards and good team working practices. Build working relationships across the company with all other functions within the business
- Coaching and development of a small team, across various disciplines
- Accountable for LUXSALE revenue, margin and EBITDA targets
- Full P&L management for the brand
- Developing and executing a concise business strategy for LUXSALE that compliments The Larkbury Group strategy
- Ownership of the end-to-end client journey - both on the web platform and in-showroom
- Review and develop the product offering through the outlet channel
- Present strategy, results and recommendations to the Group Senior Leadership Team on a regular basis
- Partner with key stakeholders from core departments to help manage all aspects of LUXSALE including; Operations & Logistics, Buying, Marketing, Sales & Finance
- The primary point of contact for all escalations within the brand
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Group, promoting our values and leading by example
Salary Band: Circa. £60,000 p/a (dependent on individual experience) plus Profit Related Bonus
Location: Given the nature of this role, we ideally need the Head of LUXSALE to work on site at our showroom/head office (W3 0BZ)
The Story So Far
Imagine the highest quality, luxury home furnishings and furniture all under one roof. Based in West London, Larkbury Group boasts the largest luxury interiors showroom in the UK and the largest independent fabric library in Europe. The business, started as The Sofa & Chair Company, was founded in direct response to the needs of interior designers and discerning customers searching for unique and beautifully made furniture pieces.
Dedicated to true British craftsmanship, Larkbury Group takes great pride in being the UK’s leading manufacturer of luxury sofas and bespoke furniture and having only the finest manufacturing practices, authentic materials and a steadfast commitment to quality. With company owned manufacturing just a stone’s throw from the showroom, we pride ourselves on our design, quality, and the memorable end-to-end experience that we’re able to offer to our clients. Alongside The Sofa & Chair Company, we’re proud to also operate Larkbury Curtains, our bespoke curtain and blind brand, and LUXSALE, the go to luxury furniture outlet.
This is an incredibly exciting time for Larkbury Group; we’re growing our team to help deliver our ambitious strategy to become The Ultimate Home of Luxury Interiors.