Doddle is the world’s leading Click & Collect company. We create technology for retailers and post offices internationally, that helps make collecting and returning online shopping easier, faster and greener for our clients and customers.
At Doddle, we believe in the power of lasting impressions. For us, that means creating a delivery and returns journey that builds loyalty between retailers, carriers and their customers. We have partnered with many of the world’s leading companies to offer click & collect services, for example Amazon, eBay and ASOS.
We’re a young company with ambitions to positively impact the online shopping experience of millions of consumers. And because the market we work in is constantly evolving, we encourage our people to do the same. To be curious. To challenge. To grow and develop. That’s the heart of the Doddle DNA.
About the role
Doddle are looking for a Software Developer In Test to join our team. This is a key role within our Tech team, designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Product testing automation and implementation within TDD and CI/CD to ensure the quality, performance and resiliency of Doddle’s products
- Work as part of a cross functional agile team to ensure quality, identify and resolve system malfunctions, test code and debug problems to create a world class product
- Work closely with product and tech teams to conduct tests during the end-to-end lifecycle of Doddle products, to ensure everything works according to our client needs
- Proactively communicate issues and problems to the team
- Collaborate in requirement design, specifications, and technical decisions
- Design, develop and execute advanced automated testing frameworks and automation scripts using open-source tools
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and upskill the team to implement solutions.
- Collaboration with the tech team on how they approach testing, guiding design of development test automation suites.
In terms of experience and skills the ideal candidate will:
- Qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject and having technical competence and enthusiasm for the role
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance and software development
- A strong background in testing automation, TDD and CI/CD
- Knowledge of QA methodology, tools, processes and industry-standard testing and automation tools
- Solid experience in designing and executing clear, concise and comprehensive automated test plans and test cases
- Experience in performance testing
- Knowledge and experience of Android, Node.JS and Java is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written, to communicate with both technical and non-technical parts of the business and stakeholders
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills; on your own or brainstorming with colleagues.
We offer all our team a range of generous benefits including 25 days holiday plus your birthday off, 2 days off each year for charitable activities, a variety of healthcare policies and a personal training budget. What’s more, we have an open attitude to agile working and you can expect a warm welcome into a friendly, vibrant team of professionals.
At Doddle we believe in employing a diverse workforce and recognise that an inclusive workplace is key to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on the applicant's skills and experience. We value what each of our unique employees has to offer our business.