Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 8 years ago by The Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner across the globe. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners.
As our mid-weight integrated designer you will be a passionate self-starter with lots of creative ideas and a desire to play a key role in shaping and driving the global growth of our brand. You will bring best practise and inspiration from external creative sources back into the wider marketing team and provide brand guardianship and support to other teams across the business and other marketing suppliers. You will be keen to work in a scale up environment, bringing flexibility and dynamism to the team and be excited by the opportunity to creatively influence our future direction.
- Create and develop brilliant, on-brief, work with Creative Studio copy team – executing them to an exceptional level
- Manage the design process end-to-end, ensuring that creative is on-brand, on-trend and on-time
- Craft and develop first-rate assets for paid media, social, email and other channels that resonate and convert with our target audiences
- Work closely with the wider marketing and brand team, to understand project essentials and generate market-savvy creative that smashes boundaries and makes a splash
- Share and present your work regularly and champion the FutureLearn brand and creative studio output
- Participate in recommendations to continually improve communication, briefs, and process in order to drive the best output for yourself and creative studio
- 3+ years’ work experience with a solid portfolio of digital design
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrable experience in crafting, developing and delivering successful creative ideas and assets for paid marketing
- Visual flare, with a portfolio of fresh ideas, and an exciting design aesthetic
- Understanding of creating and delivering against brand guidelines including the importance of Brand within start ups / scale ups
- You will be able to deal with feedback, find consensus and still deliver grade-A creative – no prima donnas!
- You will have experience in creating and editing exciting video and animated content for campaigns, using appropriate tools such as After Effects or Final Cut
- You’ll have the ability to craft high performing paid media creative that drives commercial performance, including creative variant testing
- Experience shooting and editing video and previous management experience of other designers is highly preferable
If this opportunity interests you, you might also like these courses on FutureLearn…
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working for all
- 28 days of Annual Leave plus UK Public Holidays
- Roll over up to 5 days Holiday
- Buy and Sell up to 5 days Holiday
- Personal ‘recharge’ days, no questions asked
- Personal budget for development and training
- 18 weeks of FutureLearn Maternity Pay and Adoption Pay (at your full basic pay)
- 6 weeks of FutureLearn Paternity Pay (at your full basic pay)
- Sabbatical Leave (up to 3 months of unpaid leave after 3 years)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charity work – 1 day dedicated to a charity of your choice
- Free upgraded access on any FutureLearn short course and course fee waiver for Open University
At the moment, all FutureLearners work from home. When it is safe to go back into office, the working environment will be stimulating and fun, with lots of opportunities to collaborate, enjoy healthy snacks, good coffee and work out in the gym.
Once the office is open again this role will be a full time, office based role with a lot of flexibility to work remotely. We are still keen to meet you even if you are not London based. All interviews will be held online, via Zoom. Please let us know if you need any special arrangements for your interviews.
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now jointly owned by The Open University and The SEEK Group. FutureLearn has over 10 million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible short online courses, microcredentials, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives. It partners with over a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and Health Education England (HEE). It’s also involved in government-backed initiatives to address skills gaps such as The Institute of Coding and the National Centre for Computing Education
DIVERSITY IS CORE TO FUTURELEARN
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.