Calling all motivated junior/entry-level physical product designers!
This is a genuine internship. And this isn't industrial design. It's perfect for a designer looking to launch their own products and would relish the chance to be fully immersed in the process of bringing physical consumer goods to market. Where your contribution, exposure, opportunity to learn is as extensive as your motivation allows.
Specifically, you’ll get to, and we'll need you to:
- generate and analyze user insights to align the design to the user
- discuss with founders and early-stage entrepreneurs to create products that align with their vision
- design the psychophysical specifications to create products that are desirable to use - shape, volume, space, colour, finish, material
- source manufacturers and discuss the most aligned design assuming their possibilities/limits
- create product packaging graphics
- create and test 3D models and prototypes
- have the freedom to bring whichever creative skills you have and want to practice, to projects
- work flexibly and you'll be paid well
- contribute to the direction of products and brand experiences
- manage freelancers to produce even better creative projects
- work on research projects within design
You’ll get to join at the early stage of a pioneering design space for consumer goods product design and visual communication. We're working with early-stage entrepreneurs and brands, and simultaneously, we're working on our own products to launch.
We're creating a space — hopefully, a physical one soon too — that would love to explore, apply, increase and share the value of aligned product design for designers, businesses, and users, and further afield. Ultimately, we’re looking to further increase the value of making physical things.
You'll join and find your area within a small network of designers, engineers, brands, clients, and freelancers as part of a forming studio. It is growing and is in its infancy. It's not ideal if you're searching for certainty in the short term, but it's perfect for someone who thrives in the possibilities of uncertainty, wants exposure to the full reality of the design process alongside the founder with credible design history, and will enjoy being part of the journey of seeing where it progresses.
Realistically, over the coming year as the studio grows, ideally, you are:
- available day-to-day at short notice
- understanding that your work hours per week will vary depending on projects - we’ll do our best
- are in, or love being in London, so that we can work in person when necessary
- excited and motivated
- enjoy making things
- have a good taste for premium luxury products
I would love to see portfolios and evidence of your design work. Whether it is professional or personal, finished or work in progress. Feel free to share!
Get in touch!