Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 7 years ago by the Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners.
To fuel our growth as a global marketplace for learning, we are looking for an experienced new member of the Content and Partnership team, who will bring innovative merchandising techniques to increase learners awareness and discovery for FutureLearn content.
Your role will be to
- Work pragmatically and efficiently to 'stock the shelves' in conjunction with the sales and content teams
- Ensure course products available onsite match learner needs by designing and initiating them collaboratively and consistently with sales team and partners
- Ensure that course products operate in a spread from intro level to advanced in order to meet learner needs
- Ensure that these are competitive versus alternate offerings on competitor sites,
- Generate expected returns and interest from learners with our course products
- Schedule appropriately to maximise seasonal and merchandising opportunities in order that the company meets its revenue targets, and work collaboratively with content to ensure they are produced and launched to desired schedule
- Implement forecasting and ROI approach, considering relative returns and investment required on courses
- Act as a highly commercial and analytical supply side advocate within the company, bridging sales and marketing and striving every day to generate the maximum amount of supply side driven revenue to accelerate company growth
We’d love to meet, someone with…
- Proven experience in Merchandising in an e-commerce business, preferably with a content background
- A sharp mind and strategic thinking
- An interest in the learning and education space, who works daily to ensure that FutureLearn’s course offering is relevant, appealing, generates financial returns and brings learners to us rather than competitors
- A growth hacker mindset with an eye to scaleable processes (you would be the first of your sort in a greenfield space).
- Experience of planning weekly sales, stock and intake management
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to build relationships internally and externally at all levels
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free access to Calm app
- Dedicated personal learning & development budget
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave benefits
- Perkbox discounts
This role will be fully remote whilst FutureLearn's office in Central London is closed. Once the office is open again this role will be a full time, office based role with a lot of flexibility to work remotely. We are still keen to meet you even if you are not London based. All interviews will be held online, via Zoom. Please let us know if you need any special arrangements for your interviews.
DIVERSITY IS CORE TO FUTURELEARN
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.