At Vivacity, we make cities smarter. We gather real-time data from our sensors to reduce congestion, spot dangerous manoeuvres on the road to improve safety, and support autonomous vehicles.
Using Reinforcement Learning techniques at the forefront of academic and research thinking, we optimise traffic lights to prioritise cyclists and improve air quality. To support this, we gather anonymised data through simple, efficient, and affordable Computer Vision based sensors.
All our solutions are community-centric, using 'privacy by design' principles. Our ultimate goal is to make the European vision of a Smart City - one which makes the city work effectively, for the community.
About the role
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to lead the growth of our core sensor product and associated data features and pipelines. You will join our existing two-person Product team and actively contribute to shaping the product vision and technical roadmap, leveraging our world-leading AI capabilities.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will work closely with the technical teams to deliver that vision and create solutions that solve our clients’ most pressing problems.
Simultaneously, you will engage regularly with our commercial teams, supporting development of the user proposition, being the first line of support for sales to advise on what is technically possible, and providing regular updates on the technical roadmap and progress.
In this collaborative role, you will be a leading light of company culture, epitomising the open, cooperative and inclusive way we work. This role will work closely with key stakeholders across the entire company, including senior leadership and our clients.
This role will be a great opportunity for a product manager who is looking for greater influence and ownership over the technical direction of their products, is enthusiastic about working with cutting-edge technology, and thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Exploring and prioritising new use cases through close work with product team, technical teams, and clients
- Working with colleagues across the company to define a product roadmap
- Supporting the technical teams in turning client use cases into requirements and technical roadmap
- Defining the product capabilities in a compelling and easily-understood manner for the sales team and our clients
Requirements for the role
- Technical undergraduate degree or 3+ years of relevant technical experience
- 1 year of experience in a software product role, working closely with development teams to define technical requirements from client use cases and workflows
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into everyday language
- Strong relationship skills & empathy to understand client needs and build consensus on direction in the face of conflicting views and priorities
- Self-starter with great teamwork skills, able to work collaboratively in a cross-functional role with limited oversight
- Flexibility and adaptability, allowing you to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
The following would further strengthen your application
- Experience helping to develop cutting-edge AI-based products
- Experience working with local authorities
- Experience within the transport sector
We offer flexible working policies and a benefits package that includes a personal development budget, an annual company away trip, and regular, varied events. This is an exciting opportunity to take an active part in shaping the future of an energetic company dedicated to revolutionising the way our cities work.