We need a Product Owner who understands what our customers need and will act as their champion within Chip.
What we’re doing isn’t easy and no-one’s ever done it before. We need someone who can look at complicated banking infrastructure, cutting edge technology and find ways to make it simple, better, more human.
We need a problem solver. A doer. Someone who can make the technical simple, the complex clear, who’s not afraid to take ownership of big challenges facing our product, find solutions, and communicate comfortably and clearly with every level of the business.
We know the solutions won’t always be simple, but you should be able to explain them in a simple way.
And the most important word in all of this is ‘Owner’. We want someone who will take responsibility for Chip’s customer facing product, steer it with the customer in mind and not accept anything less than the very best for the product and Chip’s customers.
What you can expect to be doing:
You’ll execute our product roadmap and help scale some of our main features to our users. In other words, you’ll be:
- Taking a significant user need or pain-point and figuring what the solution might be
- Coordinating across complex dependencies to go from idea to successful implementation
- Collaborating with teams across Chip to align plans, unblock development, and communicate changes with our customers
- Working autonomously through the backlog while making sure that features get delivered quickly and efficiently,
- Tracking and monitoring your features’ performance and functionality after launch to iterate and improve on them.
- Work closely with our senior leadership team and our cross functional teams to help define and deliver our product roadmap
- Communicate with your team to continuously improve how you work together, making sure everyone is productive, happy and efficient
What we’re looking for:
- You have a strong background in shipping world-class products in a fast-growing companies (sorry, this might not be for you if you’re early on in your career, we’re after someone with proven experience)
- You’re confident and able to take direct ownership over product development
- You’re passionate about building the best possible user experience, and you monitor your metrics to see whether you’re delivering
- You’re comfortable working in a technical team that deals with ambiguity and highly complex problems every day
- You have excellent communication skills and can share your knowledge and have mentored other product managers
- What we’re doing here at Chip excites you!
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current product team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £40,000 - £60,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Share option scheme.
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Free Classpass membership or gym membership
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Based in the heart of Chancery Lane
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup.
Our Interview process: 📖
- Phone Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Video interview with the hiring manager
- Final Interview with HR & Product Manager
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.