Picfair - Freelance Image Moderator
We’re looking for a freelance image moderator with impeccable attention to detail and a passion for photography, to efficiently evaluate incoming images uploaded by Picfair’s user base of 400,000+ photographers. The moderator will assess images for their quality and adherence to Picfair’s Terms and Conditions.
Picfair is a simple and beautiful one-stop-shop for photographers around the world to build a website, upload their portfolio and start selling their images as digital downloads and printed products. So far, over 400,000 photographers have uploaded over 10 million photos, and those numbers continue to grow.
- Moderating images uploaded by Picfair’s photographers on a daily basis, in a high volume, fast-paced, objective and detail-oriented way.
- Ensuring all images uploaded adhere to Picfair’s terms and conditions
- Rating images for their content and quality
- Monitoring and reporting uploaded content for potential copyright issues
- You are available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week including hours on the weekend
- You have a good eye and attention to detail, without being obsessive
- You have the ability to stay focused, and comfortable handling a repetitive task
- You have a basic knowledge of photographic post-production processes.
- You should be ok with potentially having to moderate offensive and explicit material
- Industry experience in image moderation useful but not essential
- You have a strong proficiency in English with the ability to read/write and participate in business operations and meetings with colleagues.
Please apply with the following:
- Your CV as a PDF attachment
- A short covering statement explaining why you would be good for the role and any relevant experience
- Applications taken through to the next stage will be asked to complete a small moderation task that will take no longer than one hour
Please note: This is a freelance, remote position and you’ll need to use your own equipment and have at least 25mbps broadband internet. Working hours can be negotiated based on your availability/ schedule.
Rate: £10.85 per hour (London living wage)
Work hours: A minimum of 20 hours per week distributed over 5 days - including hours on the weekend. There may be potential for more hours.
Start date: ASAP