We are searching for a disciplined, proactive and logical Operations professional to help us continue our growth as the UK’s most progressive bike repair company across London and beyond.
We’re here to ‘reinvent repair’ and put the service back into bike servicing, for all types of rider.
Part of the JustPark family, we designed the business around the rider by making bike repair easy, accessible, simple, convenient and hassle-free. Only 18 months old, we’re the UK’s most progressive and fastest growing repair network for micro mobility. We have big plans and are just getting started. We are hugely enthusiastic about cycling & care deeply about helping people to travel around cities without harming the environment.
We are on a mission to repurpose under-used spaces (buildings, shops and car parks) and offer a convenient place for all forms of bicycles to get serviced and fixed. With fewer places than ever for servicing and a growing number of riders taking to the roads, we see a bright future ahead.
Faff-free bike repair is about:
1. Simplicity - customers can book via the app or online. Our app links to Strava to help remind customers when their bike is due a service
2. Convenience - customers can have their bike collected or they can drop it at one of our many workshops
3. Reassurance - customers approve their quote before any work is started.
4. Expertise - customers can talk to the expert mechanic working on their bike via ‘live chat’
So, if you have what it takes to help us deliver extraordinary service, zero faff, then read on..
The grease to the fettle chain, this role will be responsible for the effective day-to-day running of all fettle workshops, ensuring that there are no barriers to our mechanics being able to offer world class customer service.
Our Operations Team has done an amazing job at partnering with our mechanics to create efficient, scalable processes - this role will be responsible for continuing to carry this flame into every new workshop that we open as we continue to grow across London and beyond.
As a young and dynamic startup, there is a lot for us to do! This person will be excited about the prospect of diving headfirst into our mission of removing all faff from bike servicing. Hungry and driven, the ideal candidate for this role will see the bigger picture, and will be organised and methodical in helping us achieve our goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Project managing the opening of new fettle locations with the support of the Operations Team
- Supporting our Lead Mechanics and Operations Director to ensure that each workshop is geared up with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ensuring that workshops are set up to be as efficient as possible
- Managing the utilities for all fettle sites
- Health & Safety - partnering with Lead Mechanics to ensure that we de-risk our processes and workshops
- Rota management - proactively managing our schedule according to make sure we are staffed to meet demand
- Supporting with the operational side of pop-ups and events
- Managing the ad-hoc procurement of tools and workshop material
- Supporting HQ with any tasks or campaigns that may be required
- You are organised, thorough and disciplined - you pride yourself on your execution
- Experience or exposure to the cycling industry, either as a rider or a professional is important in this role
- Previous work experience within an operational role would really put you on the front foot
- A full UK Driver’s license is a necessity in this role
- You are proactive with a growth mindset - you like to solve problems not symptoms
- An absolute willingness to get stuck in and help out and make something your business
- You are flexible and able to adapt to circumstances that change very quickly
- Technologically-minded, you are capable of quickly getting to grips with different softwares
- Your commercial acumen gives you an ability to communicate appropriately to different audiences across the business
- You love taking ownership and want to grow with us!
How To Apply
It is so important that every member of the fettle team is as excited about our company mission as they are their own role. For this reason, we will only review applicants who submit a cover letter with their application, as we want to know what excites you about us and what motivates you, specifically!