We are a young private investment company operating in the property and tech/media industries, seeking an intelligent and ambitious mergers and acquisitions intern to work alongside our director and aide in the search for and negotiation of new investment opportunities.
Whilst shadowing our director, you will identify and negotiate potential acquisition opportunities and/or joint venture partnerships. Although we expect you, as a successful and motivated candidate, to self-educate throughout the internship; you will be working at the same time through an M&A course provided by the company.
Please note that this is not a corporate M&A internship and thus you will not be exposed to complex financial modelling, sophisticated valuation methods and/or anything resembling an internship with an M&A consultancy. This is our company looking and acting on investment opportunities in real businesses, as opposed to in financial markets or on behalf of clients.
You will utilize on-line databases, the internet, industry association company lists, and our own proprietary database to identify privately held businesses for potential acquisition or partnership opportunities.
You will be expected to make outbound calls and must be able to use your charisma and knowledge to succeed at winning the confidence of business owners and/or gate keepers.
In the course provided by the company you will learn how to value a business and how to perform practical due diligence before investment or acquisition.
- You will experience an introduction to the dynamics of the mergers & acquisitions business as well as the bigger business landscape, as well as exposure to a broad range of industries.
- The opportunity to shadow and learn from a successful, self-made entrepreneur in his 30s.
- An excellent resume builder for those interested in a career in private equity, venture capital, investment banking, and other areas of business.
- Access to an M&A course worth USD 5000.
- Ideal candidates will be intelligent, hardworking, entrepreneurial, and passionate about business.
Strong communication skills, proven work ethic, demonstrated attention to detail, reliability, responsibility, and pride in their work are necessities.
ALL MAJORS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY: finance experience is not required.
The internship will start on the 1st of April, 1st of May and 1st of June and will last for 3-6 months following an opportunity to become a junior associate. We do offer to contribute to living expenses, but want to make it clear that this is not a job, but an apprenticeship.
To apply please send us your CV as well as a concise cover letter, detailing why you feel you would be the right candidate for this opportunity.