Reports To: Head of Mobile Development
Location: Central London Office Space
A bit about who we are:
We are a bunch of sustainability-driven team with folded sleeves geared up to tackle global carbon emissions and assist to reduce them. Now how do we plan to do that??? We provide micro-mobility operators with cutting edge platform tools and applications for renting electric vehicles.
Wanna jump on the ride and be a part of the change to build the future together? Here’s your chance to do it. Ride with us!!!
There is a gap in the market of applications for mobility players that has been untapped due to the limited flexibility from existing software platforms. Trac Mobility intends on tapping into this by providing a compilation of apps to connect users and mobility operators. Our product offering consists of a user application and a backend management system for operators to enable them for forthcoming smart city implementation within the cities. We aim to develop their technology through AI to build a dynamic data-driven tool that best serves the industry.
In addition, post-COVID there has been a lot of buzz on electric vehicles usage and cities pushing for more efficient transport methods to cope with congestion and pollution. Trac Mobility is entering the market at the right time to drive this push towards sustainable and efficient mobility.
What will you be doing
- We will be continuing to grow and develop our Android team moving forward when necessary. You have complete discretion on that call.
- Taking responsibility for the design and delivery of our Android app. You will set out our process for building, testing and releasing our app in line with our other product teams.
- Working with our Andriod development team. You will also work alongside our Product team (App & Backend) to craft a seamless user experience that is required by our clients.
- Hands-on development: analyse product specifications, design implementations, write code and rapidly deliver Android app feature designs
- Present technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
- Compose test cases and work with QA on a weekly release cycle
- Work within an agile team (daily standups, weekly planning meetings)
- Working in an enjoyable development environment.
- You will ensure we are always using tools that keep the team productive and help us maintain an industry-leading app.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of Android native development: Java / Kotlin with frameworks.
- Clean coding style and commitment to automated testing and continuous deployment.
- Experience in releasing mobile apps on Google Play. You will be comfortable both guiding the team and architecting the app and supporting infrastructure.
- Experience/Interest in working in agile environments and integrating with REST APIs.You will work with backend engineers to influence how our APIs adapt to support an ever-evolving Android app
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles/Material Design, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience on 3rd Party SDKs integration and payment gateways
- Understanding of Native Hybrid Apps & communication between web and app.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile and consumer technologies
- A problem-solving mindset. You'll be as happy in a room brainstorming as you are behind a keyboard.
- Think (like us) that a small number of empowered developers is the right way to deliver software.
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary and string of benefits tied to your performance.
- Mentorship from an experienced professional team
- Brand new offices in Vauxhall (with remote working whilst we’re still in lockdown)
- Equity/shares in the company, so you can share in the Growth!
- Regular feedback and training courses that boost your career development.
- Friday team lunches.
- Unlimited vacation holidays.
- Intro call for a quick chat to get to know more about each other
- Tech call with the product team and an assignment session
Let’s start hitting the ground together soon!!!!!
We are looking for someone who is based in and around London and can join us ASAP
Let's hit the ground together.
A place where you love to work:
Tracmobility is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by the local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.Tracmobility makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.