We’re changing the way the world deals with death.
Dealing with death — losing a parent, a parent, or a best friend — is the hardest thing most people ever go through. For too long, it’s been a dreary affair with top hats, paperwork, and bureaucracy. We think it’s time for things to change.
At Farewill, we build the best products in the world for dealing with death. Beautifully designed, easy to use, built for taking care of the people you love.
We’re looking for Senior Product Designers to join our passionate, diverse, and ambitious design team to help on our mission: to change the way the world deals with death.
One of the fastest-growing startups in the UK, in the last 12 months we’ve:
- Averaged an NPS of 82
- Hit 8,500 Trustpilot reviews at 4.9/5
- Grown from 50 to 125 people
- Grown revenue 800%
- Closed our £20m Series B
- Won major National Awards (Consumer Business of the Year, Economic Innovator of the Year, Employer of the Year to name a few)
- Raised over £350m for charity
Designing at Farewill presents an incredible and unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. As a senior product designer, you’ll be leading design in one of our cross functional product teams. As a member of Farewill’s growing design team, you’ll contribute to our broader vision for design. You can meet some of our team on the Life at Farewill blog.
About the role
In the next 12 months, you will:
- lead design in a product team end-to-end, working collaboratively with researchers, product managers, and engineers to define and solve high impact problems
- contribute to the design team as a whole - pairing with other designers, up-skilling the rest of the team and sharing feedback in crit sessions
- help build out our nascent design system, evolving existing patterns and contributing new ones
We’re looking for someone who:
- led the design of impactful products in collaborative, cross-functional teams
- has a portfolio showcasing end-to-end process with a broad range of design techniques
- retains sight of customer needs in how they deliver practical, pragmatic solutions with great outcomes
- is an empathetic communicator
- is an individual contributor intent on being the best designer they can be (management may be an avenue open to you at Farewill in time, but right now, we're looking for a practitioner)
Not requirements, but nice to have - someone with:
- an interest in mentoring and supporting junior designers
- an interest in taking part in research and speaking with customers
- experience running workshops with senior stakeholders and leadership
- passion for inclusive design
We’ll be hiring two designers. We’re particularly interested in one of these people to have experience working in a commercial environment such as a fast-growing startup, who is comfortable with rapid experimentation, running experiments, and testing.
If this sounds like it matches your experience and what you’d love to do, we can’t wait to hear from you! If you’re unsure whether you fit our criteria exactly, please get in touch anyway. We care just as much about capability and attitude. But get in touch soon, applications close on 22nd April.
We understand as a designer completing a design task can be a lot of work to prepare for. We're not going to make you complete any tasks or challenges during our process. Instead, we'll be focusing on hearing more about your career, looking at your portfolio, and getting a better understanding of what you're looking for.
What we offer in return:
- competitive salary and generous stock options. To keep things fair, we make offers based on our designer progression framework and associated salary bandings. For this role, we'll be likely to offer between £60 - 80k based on where you fit in.
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership
- a chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- and much more!
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone.
To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves, bring their whole selves to work, and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible/remote working options. And, If you need any flexibility or adjustments in our interview process - to help set you up for success - then please let us know too.