Before reading this job advert, we want you to know that it’s intended for you to see how we work, and decide if we’re right for you. Research shows that a significant number of people decide not to apply to jobs based on the requirements listed in the advert; if you see something here that you’re not expert level at… good! You can learn it all here.
Cloudline enables people to queue for things without standing in line.
We're a venture-funded, B2B platform that enables users to virtually queue, book things, and order food through Web apps - so people can spend less time standing in line, and more time enjoying the experiences they came for.
Industry - Leisure & Entertainment
Queuing is the number one complaint of leisure & entertainment cited by Disney, Universal Studios, Merlin Entertainments and the majority of key players in the space.
One global player even has a KPI to measure the dissatisfaction called ‘Queuing Spoilt My Day’ or QSMD for short. Research has also shown nearly half of all UK adults are deterred from visiting leisure & entertainment businesses due to queuing.
The overwhelming majority of the industry still struggles to manage this problem effectively, implementing underpowered 'band-aid' solutions such as digital signage or legacy queuing products limited to a small number of high paying customers.
The German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (DIHK) shortlisted Cloudline for digital solutions to help German SMBs recover from COVID-19.
As a result of COVID-19 it is now government mandate for the vast majority of European countries that businesses reduce all physical contact and queuing to an absolute minimum.
This is the first time queuing has gone from a manageable problem in the industry to a maximum priority, allowing businesses to invest in this well-known customer pain point as it is now fundamental to their long term success in the new normal.
Cloudline is an technology-focused team having previously worked with key figures from Y-Combinator and Merlin Entertainments - we have the resources, skillset, and knowledge delivering on the next generation of queue-less solutions for the leisure & entertainment industry.
Our team has transitioned from an original iOS/Android app to a Progressive Web App (PWA) solution which lowers onboarding friction, user data cost, and avoids app store installation.
Over the last year, we’ve taken Cloudline from a bootstrapped operation to an app working with some of the most recognized operators in the industry. We’ve just raised money from several top investors and are ready to take Cloudline to the next level.
- Work as part of a full-stack product team to develop solutions and ensure exceptional experiences for our clients and end-users
- Utilize a variety of front-end technologies to build scalable products
- You’ll take part in decisions related to how we undertake new projects
- You’ll gather requirements and scope out projects with the rest of the team
- Strong self-learning skills
- Great communication skills
- Experience building responsive UIs on the web that are both maintainable and robust
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
- 2 or more years experience building applications with React, and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on our stack (React, AWS, GraphQL, Golang.)
- In-depth knowledge of web performance, accessibility or complementary skillsets
- Experience with Google Maps, Mapbox, or other geography visualization applications
- Exposure to some of the largest companies in leisure and entertainment
- Working alongside our CTO a well known player in the London tech scene, Forbes 30 under 30 Entrepreneur 2018 former CTO & Co-Founder at Headstart AI (YC S17)
- Access to venues and theme-parks
- Full development equipment setup
- Flexible working
- Share options
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Regular team off-sites (COVID permitting)
If you enjoy challenges and are as excited by technology as we are, rest assured an exciting opportunity awaits (and company celebrations like you’ve never seen, thanks to our partners.)
Whether you’re a junior developer or experienced programmer with a hunger for new knowledge, impact, and personal growth then look no further.
Our ideal teammate has experience developing applications in React. If you have experience in any other languages (E.g Typescript) then it’s a bonus. If you’ve built applications in the past your proud of we’d love to see them. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Fun fact: In 2020 we actually beat Deliveroo to launch for Restaurant Table Ordering, serving our first live customers on the 14th of July 2020 just before they launched 'Table Service' on the 15th - our engineering team is pretty awesome.