We are looking for a smart, technical and data-driven person to join our product team in a fast paced and high growth tech scaleup environment.
Our mission is to help millions of young people plan for their financial future - starting with providing a safety net for their home lives. We’re designing and building insurance products for a new generation of customers, challenging the status quo and changing the way things are done in insurance.
In this role, you will work closely with our engineers to analyse data, discover customer needs, validate solutions and ship features and experiments that have a material impact on our business. It’s an exciting opportunity to get involved in projects that touch on every part of the company and grow as a product manager.
You will also:
- Take ownership of new products and features from our roadmap and work with teams across the business to get them shipped
- Design, execute and analyse A/B tests and other experiments that test our hypotheses about what the right way forward is
- Gather data from a range of sources to inform decisions, set goals and measure the impact of the work we ship
- Build dashboards and use other tracking tools to help us stay on top of what our customers are doing on our platform
- Communicate effectively with developers, designers and other teams to understand constraints, tradeoffs and capabilities
- Collaborate with other teams to scope and prioritise new product opportunities
- Help to shape how we build product at Urban Jungle as our team grows
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about technology and who has a strong grasp of technical concepts, without needing to be able to write production code
- Analytical and loves working with data, having worked with spreadsheets, databases and ideally has some experience with SQL
- Either early in a product career, or incredibly passionate about getting into product management having experienced a fast-paced business environment
- A self-starter who is comfortable working in a continually changing environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Excited to pitch in with broader team and business responsibilities
- No experience of insurance or financial services is required
Bonus points if you:
- Have dabbled with HTML / CSS, Python or any other programming language
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
You can expect from us:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A material equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- Full training on whatever you need to do your job well
- Clear objectives, which are regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on your coaching and development
- An open environment where you will be challenged
Urban Jungle is an exciting fintech scaleup that is making waves in the high growth consumer insurance space. Although we work in financial services, we are at heart a tech company, focused on building a customer-first brand that people can trust.
We base all of our decisions and strategy around our 4 core values:
- Customer first
- Transparency matters
- Keep getting better
- Be responsible
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing fast! In the last year we hit 30,000 customers and grew the team by 100% - and we have big plans for growth in 2021! This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, data driven company and have a hand in shaping our futures.
Logistics & Application:
The position will start remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London in the medium term. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interview with members of the team.
With your application, please also answer the following question in your cover letter:
What’s your favourite technology product to use and why? (300 words max)