We are searching for an organised and enthusiastic individual with cracking customer service skills. This person’s knowledge of bicycle components will be crucial in this role. Please note, this is a full-time position, working Tuesday to Saturday.
We’re here to ‘reinvent repair’ and put the service back into bike servicing, for all types of rider.
Part of the JustPark family, we designed the business around the rider by making bike repair easy, accessible, simple, convenient and hassle-free. Only 18 months old, we’re the UK’s most progressive and fastest growing repair network for micro mobility. We have big plans and are just getting started. We are hugely enthusiastic about cycling & care deeply about helping people to travel around cities without harming the environment.
We are on a mission to repurpose under-used spaces (buildings, shops and car parks) and offer a convenient place for all forms of bicycles to get serviced and fixed. With fewer places than ever for servicing and a growing number of riders taking to the roads, we see a bright future ahead.
Faff-free bike repair is about:
- Simplicity - customers can book via the app or online. Our app links to Strava to help remind customers when their bike is due a service
- Convenience - customers can have their bike collected or they can drop it at one of our many workshops
- Reassurance - customers approve their quote before any work is started.
- Expertise - customers can talk to the expert mechanic working on their bike via ‘live chat’
So, if you have what it takes to help us deliver extraordinary service, zero faff, then read on..
We are a company that prides itself on providing a world-class service to our customers. This role is absolutely pivotal in helping us make sure we have the correct stock across our workshops, and also for supporting with customer queries and messages.
As a young and dynamic startup, there is a lot for us to do! This person will be excited about the prospect of diving headfirst into our mission of removing all faff from bike servicing. Hungry and driven, the ideal candidate for this role will see the bigger picture, and will be organised and methodical in helping us achieve our goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
This role is split into two different areas, both of which are key components in ensuring our customers have a world-class customer experience when using Handlebars. Roughly half of the role will be supporting our Stock Manager with our purchasing, and the other half supporting our Customer Experience Associate with customer queries.
- Ordering. You will be responsible for taking the lead on our day-to-day ordering, making sure that our workshops have the correct stock to complete customer jobs.
- Organising. Ensuring that all stock is correctly labeled, organised and accounted for in our system.
- Stock takes. Supporting the stock manager to ensure stock takes are done efficiently.
- Stock movement between workshops. You will be responsible for this side of logistics.
- Database. You will help us to make sure our database is in order.
- Phone calls. You will be the voice for our business, helping to direct customers when they reach out over the phone.
- Emails/Texts/Live Chat. You will use our tool Zendesk to help solve customer issues.
- Workshops. You will help to relay important job information to our workshops
- A passion for cycling and a thorough knowledge of bicycle components
- Ability to work one day at the weekend (this helps us better serve our customers)
- Experience working in a retail, hospitality or customer service environment
- You are incredibly organised and have an ability to prioritise the right task at the right time
- Some exposure to a POS or B2B ordering software would be extremely advantageous
- You are technologically-minded and able to pick up new softwares very quickly
- An ability to adapt to constantly changing circumstances (things move quickly in startups!)
- You pride yourself as a problem-solver and are able to help suggest improvements to the way we do things
- If you have mechanical experience on bikes that would be a real bonus
- A full UK driving license would also be very helpful
How To Apply
It is so important that every member of the Handlebars team is as excited about our company mission as they are their own role. For this reason, we will only review applicants who submit a cover letter with their application, as we want to know what excites you about us and what motivates you, specifically!