Young Foodies was founded upon the belief that consumers have changed, but the FMCG industry has not. Consumers want innovation that is better quality, better for them and better for the world. This progress should be celebrated and brands delivering on this should be empowered.
In 2017 Young Foodies launched to bring the most exciting challenger brands in FMCG together, because we believe that collaboration is more powerful than competition. Today, with a network of more than 1,000 high-growth consumer brands, we provide specialised business services to those looking to reach the next level.
After 3 years of successful service delivery, we are looking to hire our first Product Manager to help automate, digitize and scale the services that we provide across Young Foodies. This role is a critically important part of the business and will report into the General Manager to bring the vision to reality.
Does this sound like you?
You are a strategic thinker, always starting with the big picture and then working through the details. You are customer obsessed and make sure to understand what the user wants before building. You have a constant improvement mentality, framing and finding solutions to complex challenges with simple, clear commercial benefits. You are metrics driven and measure and deliver results and are move fast to maintain focus on the highest impact initiatives. You love diving into complex problems and have a desire to build a better world.
Reporting into the General Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Owning and deploy product roadmap, including design, iteration, and development of all tools and technologies that will enable YF to scale
- Immediately building and launching the MVP for two core products, and mapping out and executing a 3-year roadmap
- Systematically collecting business requirements and user needs to input to all tech
- Working closely with an external engineering, data and UI/UX team to ensure smooth and timely delivery of products
- Managing priorities from planning and development, to release and continuous improvement
- Developing product launch proposition, marketing and sales strategy
- Smoothly launching and amplification activities of the product drive sales and adoption
- Resolving all inquiries relating to products
- Championing future enhancements to ensure that the product remains ahead of the competition
- Leading our analytics and user engagement measurement and analysis
Key skills and attributes
- 4+ experience of product management experience, preferable in b2b or a marketplace company
- Proven track record for developing, managing, and launching web-based software products
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong customer service and sales skills
- Agile, adaptable and capable of delivering new products and features iteratively
- Experience leading business-critical product initiatives. You can take big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance
- Customer-obsessed and commitment to building great user experiences
- Written communication that is clear and effective, and leads to fast decision making
- Project management
- Deeply commercially minded and data-driven
- Experience working in a start-up organisation
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.