Be-Hookd are looking for a ROCKSTAR candidate who is an excellent Strategic People & Operations Manager to join our team! The role itself is one that is ideal for a progressive people operations manager who wants to push things forward within a new role and a fast-growing company.
Our 30+ strong team based in London, LA, and NY is going through hyper-growth, and we are looking to scale to over 40 people over the next 12 months. This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful business at a pivotal moment in our growth, where you will have impact from day one.
As the first People Operations hire, you will be fundamental in helping build and define Be-Hookd’s culture, talent brand, people processes & team as we scale.
The Strategic People & Operations Manager reports to the Managing Director.
Be-Hookd is an award-winning digital agency for the stars of entertainment and fashion, specialising in brand development, growth hacking and high-level partnerships.
Be-Hookd is a social media agency like no other, specialising in developing reactive digital campaigns for entertainment talent and brands: growing artists into international superstars, partnering musicians with global brands, creating trends and culturally defining moments and harnessing and growing fanbases.
Be-Hookd has delivered campaigns for the likes of The Script, Tinie Tempah, Sean Paul, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, as well the BBC, ITV, Activision and LMVH. Be-Hookd was named Social Media Agency of the Year in the 2020 Global Agency Awards and awarded ‘Best Use of Facebook’ in the Drum Awards for Social Media 2020. Be-Hookd’s team speaks to an audience of 100 million on a daily basis on behalf of their clients.
We’re a nimble team with big ambitions, both for what we want to achieve and also the environment we want to build.
We’re reactive but with a thought-through approach and based on analytics and cultural impact. Passion for creating beautiful work for our clients is at the very core of everything we do.
We want to create a company that tries to be genuinely progressive in how we operate; we all work incredibly hard because we really care about what Be-Hookd is here to do – we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, hungry to learn, and want to put their pride in our collective achievements.
We know that creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity is critical if we want to build something with impact and meaning. We believe that having diversity in age, background, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective will make us an infinitely better company. It is particularly vital for our roster of artists and brands as we are speaking to their diverse audiences.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking to add an exceptional Strategic People Operations Manager to our team. Working closely with our Managing Director, you will be responsible for creating, owning and evolving all of our end-to-end people processes.
From recruitment and onboarding to performance management and org-design, this is a broad role which will have real impact on our business today and set the foundations of the company’s growth to come.
We’re looking for a proactive people generalist who is highly collaborative as well as always being keen to think and plan one step ahead.
We really do encourage everyone to proactively step outside of their job description if they see something that could be improved but the core of your role will involve:
- Hiring - finding & hiring the best people in the most efficient way while providing a market-leading candidate experience
- Leading & supporting hiring processes, candidate sourcing, interviews
- Design and oversee the HR operationalprograms, processes, and policies related to an employee life-cycle including employee onboarding, development, performance management, or engagement. Resolve employees' inquiries of the company's HR policies and regulations.
- Active participation in, and oversight throughout of, our onboarding & offboarding processes — working closely with line managers across the business to ensure a consistent experience for all of our new joiners
- Culture & engagement - helping us build a high performing, productive & happy team focussed on the right priorities & operating in line with our values
- Organising team events of all shapes and sizes, helping to facilitate collaboration and relationship building across the team
- Developing a plan for post-Covid work and communicate this efficiently with the team, as well as organise potential office ‘shift’ plan
- Running and developing our feedback, performance & probation management processes to drive a culture of high performance and continuous improvement across the business
- Growth & development - working to create an environment & opportunities for people to grow, thrive & do their best work
- Development and Ownership of our employee learning & development programme
- Anticipating challenges as we scale ahead of time and introducing new processes across our people operations: from organisational design to career development and hiring planning, making sure we’re scaling headcount in a purposeful, thoughtful way
- People operations - building robust foundations to support the acquisition, engagement and growth of an exceptional team
- Creating, owning, evolving & ensuring compliance with all people processes across the business, championing diversity throughout
- Ownership & evolution of our key people policies & employee handbook plus management of employee benefits & our HR system.
- Performance management - A review of historic performance of members of staff, review and update of the performance management process, ensuring meaningful performance feedback is given, recorded and monitored. Monitor and execute probationary periods and performance reviews including poor performance management and exits.
- Values- a review of the Company values and communicating ensuring all people and culture practices have values ingrained in them e.g ; recruitment advertising, interviewing, job descriptions, probation and performance, rewards, etc...
- Employee Mental Health and Wellbeing– Development of bespoke initiatives to ensure employee well-being in a fast-paced role
- Benefits - Review of benefits, recommendations of new benefits, roll out and usage reports
- A Strategic People & Operations Manager who doesn't just follow standard HR processes by default, but has the vision and expertise in your field, backed with a combination of research and experience to build a truly unique and iconic culture.
- You're comfortable working in an intense, fast-moving and rapidly growing environment
- You're incredibly meticulous and detail-oriented in all aspects of the operational side of HR
- Great communication, relationship building and collaboration skills — you’ll be working closely with and supporting teams from across the business in this role
- Organisation — you’re process driven with strong stakeholder management skills, the ability to influence, and you can run multiple processes at pace
- Empathy — you’re a strong listener and build trust easily
- Proactivity, flexibility and drive — you’re always one step ahead of the curve, respond well to change and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- 3-5 years experience in People Operations, ideally as part of a fast-growing start up/ agency
- Experience with MS Office and Human Resources Management Systems
- Experience of designing compensation and benefits programs
- Ability to design and implement fair and clean company policies
- A strong background in the entertainment sector is preferable