Build enduring relationships with the UK’s most ambitious founders. Do you thrive on building strong, long-term relationships? Do you crave the responsibility to make a difference to an exciting client book? Do you love being deep in the action, negotiating high-value contracts, and managing make-or-break meetings?
If this sounds like you, read on!
GrantTree is a government funding consultancy specializing in grants and R&D Tax Credits. We work with some of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximize their government funding opportunities. We have ambitious plans for 2021 and we’re looking for bright, conscientious people to expand our service delivery team.
That’s where you come in!
As an Account Manager, you’ll be working with some of our most important and interesting clients, helping them make the most of GrantTree’s services. You’ll be expected to gain a deep understanding of the R&D Tax Credits scheme, as well as the particulars of our offering. As part of our rapidly growing team, we’ll look to you to help define and enhance our processes, and then execute them across our client base. Lastly, you’ll be tasked with finding new business opportunities within your client book, either through referrals or by expanding existing accounts.
- Passionate about the tech and startup industry
- Experience in CRM management
- Ability to self-motivate in a mostly-remote team
- Negotiation and contract management skills
- Experience in managing client relationships and expectations
- Familiarity with client retention metrics like NPS
- 1 to 2 years of commercial experience (Desirable)
- Project management experience (Desirable)
- Availability for a full-time position
On a typical day you might:
- Facilitate meetings to ensure the client and delivery team get the information they need
- Spend time catching up with your clients to make sure they feel cared for
- Seek new business opportunities through client referrals to bolster our database
- Propose a change to our delivery process to enhance our service
- Scan team communications, see one of your client’s names pop up, and get involved
- Work with the delivery team to collate the client info needed to complete a project
- Facilitate debriefs with the delivery team to ensure expectations are clear in order to get projects over the line
- Advocate for and see through a change in our delivery process that was raised in your conversations
We believe that people should be rewarded fairly for the work they do. At GrantTree there is no secrecy over salaries and the way we work them out. For this role, the salary is likely to lie between £28k-32K depending on experience. GrantTree’s people do not work on a commission basis, and this role is no exception. We focus instead on offering empowering, purposeful work and an attractive overall package. If commissions are important to you in staying motivated, this is not the role for you. Aside from money, we offer a place where you can be yourself, develop your skills and fulfill your potential. We have a flexible approach to working and there is no pressure for you to be in the office, wherever you feel your work is most effective is fine by us. Our team has temporarily gone fully remote since the emergence of COVID-19. Though our Old Street office remains open for your use outside of national and regional lockdowns. Below are some other benefits:
- 30 days paid holiday
- Pet leave allowance
- Monthly wellness budget
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Optional private health insurance scheme
- Regular social and wellness events (currently virtual)
- £2k Training & Development budget ( which includes our study leave)
- Access to platforms like Spill for mental health and Mintago for financial wellbeing
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!
Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2021