Job Title: Warehouse planning assistant
Line Manager: Warehouse planning, stock and administration Manager
Location: London Gateway, Essex
Contract Type: Permanent
Travel Required: Occasional, to London and Ipswich
Who we are
At MADE.COM we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers and no high street stores. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture at great prices.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
You’ll need to develop an excellent understanding of the way the warehouse operates and how the processes and systems support it, as you will be analysing all aspects of the operation and dealing with information and data to support initiatives to make improvements and provide tools to help the efficient running of the site
You will support the UK Furniture warehouse in the following ways:
- Provide management and reporting tools
- You will support the warehouse planning and stock administration manager on initiatives to improve site performance and also where the site is required to support wider business initiatives, through, data and process analysis
- Communicate within the warehouse and other relevant stakeholders to understand their needs
- Use data modelling to provide insights on how and where improvements can be made, or the impact of proposed changes.
- Create suggestions on ways forward based on this work, highlighting both opportunities and risks
- Consider how your recommendations meet the company’s business expectations and the benefits that they will bring
- Identify the processes and resources required to support your recommendations
- Ensure back up information and methodology are available
What you’ll need
- Highly numerate
- Good written and aural communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving
- Detail orientated, and able to work to a high level of accuracy
- The ability to undertake cost benefit analysis
- Competent in
- Microsoft Office tools. (an expert user of Excel)
- Google Docs
- Experience in other analytical tools would be very useful
- The ability to be flexible in a fast paced and fast changing environment
What we offer
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra day of holiday for every year served up to a ceiling of 30 days
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
Up your street?
Apply for the opportunity to join our team in London Gateway
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.